Doesn’t every year in Dubai promise to be bigger and better than the last? 2024 is no exception, with a huge range of sporting, entertainment and local cultural events already starting to fill the Dubai calendar.
We share on our website a guide to what to do in every month in Dubai, but to help you plan out your future visit, we’ve summarised for you here everything we expect to see in 2024.
- Dubai Events January 2024
- Dubai Events February 2024
- Dubai Events March 2024
- Dubai Events April 2024
- Dubai Events May 2024
- Dubai Events June 2024
- Dubai Events July 2024
- Dubai Events August 2024
- Dubai Events September 2024
- Dubai Events October 2024
- Dubai Events November 2024
- Dubai Events December 2024
- Ongoing Events Throughout The Year in Dubai
You may also want to check out our guides to:
- The best time of year to visit Dubai – weather and other religious events that may impact on your Dubai trip explained
- Dubai Public Holidays 2024 – plan your travels around known long weekends and national celebrations
- If you are heading to the capital, don’t miss our complete guide to Abu Dhabi events in 2024
We have included links where possible to platforms such as TicketMaster and Platinumlist, which are major ticket sellers in the UAE authorised to sell tickets for the mentioned events. We may earn an affiliate commission on qualifying purchases you make after clicking on these links. This does not change the price you pay.
Dubai Events January 2024
- The Dubai Shopping Festival continues throughout the month until late January – venues across the city. Don’t miss the nightly DSF Drone Light Show between JBR and Bluewaters Island – 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM
- Bringing live music, art exhibitions, dance shows and more – the Quoz Arts Festival is expected to return in Janaury 2024 – Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz
- Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament is also expected to return early in 2024 – Emirates Golf Club
Dubai Events February 2024
- Dubai DutyFree Tennis Championship – Expected from late February to early March 2024 – Dubai DutyFree Stadium
- Dubai Polo Gold Cup will take place over February and until March 2024 – Al Habtoor Polo
- Valentine’s Day – Let’s not forget 14th February 2024 – Expect popular rooftop bars and romantic restaurant hotspots over the city to book out (or cost you a lot more!)
Dubai Events March 2024
- Taste of Dubai, Dubai’s largest culinary event, is scheduled for 1-3 March, 2024 – Dubai Media City Amphitheatre
- Art Dubai – educational workshops through to incredible installations – March 1 to 3 2024 – Madinat Jumeirah
- Dubai Challenge Cup (Polo) will take place from 11 to 18 March 2024 – Al Habtoor Polo
- Holi Festivities for the Hindu community take place on the week surrounding 25 March 2024
- Expect St Patrick’s day celebrations to be widely marked at Irish pubs across the city on 17 March 2024 – various venues
- The Holy Month of Ramadan will commence on or about 11 March 2024 and lasts approximately 29 days. Most live entertainment stops at this time.
- Non-Muslims should be aware of daylight fasting over Ramadan, but why not locally join in with an Iftar for breaking of the fast or overnight Suhoor to mark the occasion?
- Easter, although not formally marked as a holiday, is widely celebrated in the retail and hospitality industry (Easter Sunday, 31 March 2024)
- Locally, many schools have a Spring term break from the end of March to early April, so look out for special term break camps and events that may be running – and expect the city to be much busier despite it being Ramadan.
Dubai Events June 2024
- Eid Al Adha celebrations and public holidays – est 16 to 19 June 2024.
- We will be adding more concerts and events once they are announced!
Dubai Events July 2024
- Locally, most schools will break up for the months of July and August – when the local expat families head away, the tourists are still coming in!
- Hijri New Year (1 Muharram*) is expected to fall on 7 July 2024, with a public holiday likely observed
Dubai Events August 2024
- August lineup of events still to be confirmed for 2024
Dubai Events September 2024
- The Prophet Mohammed’s birthday will fall on approximately 17 September 2024 – sometimes a public holiday is observed
- September lineup of events still to be confirmed for 2024
Dubai Events October 2024
- Dubai Fitness Challenge is always a great way to work off those summer days spent inside – running late October and through November 2024; there’s always a huge variety of events to get involved with across the city.
- Halloween always makes a great family and friends event to enjoy across the city – 31 October 2024.
Dubai Events November 2024
- Diwali is always widely celebrated with the local expat community, so expect plenty of dancing and fireworks – late Oct/early Nov 2024, with celebrations over the surrounding week.
- Thanksgiving is another international celebration that has firmly made its way into the regular events calendar for Dubai expats, enjoying gatherings with family and friends over turkey and cranberry sauce! – Thursday 28th November 2024
Dubai Events December 2024
- Commemoration Day and National Day are fixed public holidays from 1 to 3 December with lots of celebratory events to be found across the country.
- Dubai Rugby 7s is one of the city’s most anticipated international sporting events of the year, bringing local and international sporting talent together in December 2024 – Rugby 7’s Stadium
- Christmas – Despite being a Muslim country, the occasion is widely marked on 25 December, and you’ll find many festive celebrations occur across the city
- New Year’s Eve – one of the most exciting spots in the world to ring in the new year, with the Burj Khalifa taking centre stage and many fireworks displays across the city.
Ongoing Events Throughout The Year in Dubai
- Some events are more regular, such as the best Sunday brunches in town – though they may take a break over the hottest summer months.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner