Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in March
There really isn’t a spring in Dubai per se, but March is as close as it gets! You will see a quick the transition from the milder days of winter through to long warm days bathed with sunlight for most of the month. You will experience perfect temperatures in March for enjoying activities on the water and still mild enough you can spend daytime outside without roasting.
For this reason, it tends to be one of the most action-packed months for events around town, trying to squeeze every last minute of enjoyment out of the outdoor lifestyle in the city’s vast beaches, parks and outdoor entertainment precincts.
Whilst the emirate of Dubai is still very much welcoming tourists to return in 2021, there are currently restrictions in place surrounding entertainment, dining and hotel capacity. Do expect that advertised events may continue to be cancelled or postponed. Stay up to date with UAE COVID Information for travellers here.
Dubai weather in March
In March, you can expect average day time temperatures of 23.1°C/73.6°F through to 28.7°C/83.7°F and seawater temperature of 23.6°C/74.5°F.
Expect mostly long, sunny days but it’s not unusual to experience rain showers still in March (there’s been lttle rain in winter 2020/21 so far – be warned spring showers could still be coming!!)
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in March here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in March.
Dubai Special Events March 2021
DATES & EVENTS STILL SUBJECT TO LAST-MINUTE CHANGES
- Dubai Food Festival – running from 25 February through to 13 March 2021 with events all over the city.
- Dubai World Cup – Racing is held at Meydan Race Course throughout the winter, however, the highlight is undoubtedly the World Cup Carnival running from Super Saturday 6 March 2021, culminating in the Dubai World Cup on 27 March 2021.
- Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championships– held at the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Stadium from 7th to 20th March 2021 #DDFTennis
- Dubai International Boat Show – enjoy everything from luxury superyachts to fishing boats and everything in between at this world-class event in its 29th year, at the Dubai Harbour
10 to 13 March 2021.NOW CANCELLED IN 2021
- Taste of Dubai – the city’s biggest culinary event of the year takes place this year from 11 to 13 March 2021 at the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre.
- Dubai Kitesurf Competition – modern watersports action at Nessnass beach 26 March 2021
- Don’t miss the always packed line up of musical events and theatrical performances at Dubai Opera throughout the month
Suggested Dubai activities in March 2021
March is starting to warm up but still mild enough to be out and about, so let’s make the most of the outdoor weather with these suggestions perfect for your March itinerary:
- AquaFun on The Beach, JBR – test your agility and fitness in this giant outdoor playground of the shore from one of Dubai’s most popular beaches, The Beach.
- Explore the Al Marmoom Desert Conservation Reserve – hire a bike for one of the most unique desert riding experiences or a local favourite is the walking track around the incredible Love Lakes for wildlife spotting and sensational sunsets.
- Take a Dubai Canal Dinner Cruise through the city’s latest man-made phenomena the Dubai Canal, passing by the Burj Khalifa from the water beneath and the Dubai Canal Waterfall Bridge whilst enjoying a buffet dinner.
- Zipline across the Dubai Marina at speeds up to 80km/hr! Take on this thrilling city zip line through the highrises and over one of the most picturesque urban scenes below.
- Do as the local’s do and pack a picnic, head to Al Mamzar Beach Park – a huge park cum beach on the Sharjah border, its the perfect spot for picnicking, BBQ’s and socially distanced catch ups.
- Enjoy a night under the stars at a traditional Bedouin camp in the desert.
Best Kids Activities in Dubai this March
- Try the Aventura Parks high ropes and tree surfing course in Mushrif Park – Dubai’s very own nature park on the city’s doorstep for an active outdoor adventure all the family will love (suitable from 6 years old) – you won’t believe you’re still in the city as your surf amongst the trees in Dubai’s very own Ghaf forest
- Try out the new inflatable water park at JBR operated by Splash n’ Party, or their second venue at the chilled out Kite Beach
- Visit the incredible Dubai Global Village for a world travel experience – 70+ countries to experience all in one spot!
- Try the newly opened Dubai Safari Park for a unique animal experience in Dubai.
- Get in before the end of season to see Dubai Garden Glow & Dinosaur Park in Zabeel Park.
FURTHER READING – Best of Dubai for Families – 80+ engaged activities to enjoy for all age groups
Hit the road – Best Dubai Day Trips in March 2021
Have you ever heard of the UAE’s Oasis city of Al Ain? Steeped in history dating back 5,000 years and the country’s only UNESCO World Heritage Listed site, discover more about the country’s heritage in Al Ain on a day trip from Dubai, just over an hours drive through the desert (NB at this time note there are still border restrictions into Al Ain as it’s in Abu Dhabi Emirate)
You can learn more about what to expect in Al Ain and the most significant sites here.
History buffs will also enjoy learning more about the country’s historic past at Mleiha Archaeological Centre. Situated in the neighbouring emirate of Sharjah, this UNESCO-nominated site includes Bronze Age tombs, pre-Islamic forts and many other fascinating geological finds. There’s a fabulous new exhibition centre, plus walks to enjoy.
We’re also got our eyes on a new Off-Road Aventure Park opening nearby in Sharjah, XQuarry. Obstacle courses to mountain biking, hikes and 4×4 Tracks – learn more here!
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner