Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in March
There really isn’t a spring in Dubai per se, but March is as close as it gets! You will see a quick the transition from the milder days of winter through to long warm days bathed with sunlight for most of the month. You will experience perfect temperatures in March for enjoying activities on the water and still mild enough you can spend daytime outside without roasting.
For this reason, it tends to be one of the most action-packed months for events around town, trying to squeeze every last minute of enjoyment out of the outdoor lifestyle in the city’s vast beaches, parks and outdoor entertainment precincts.
Dubai weather in March
In March, you can expect average day time temperatures of 23.1c/73.6F through to 28.7c/83.7F and seawater temperature of 23.6c/74.5F.
Expect mostly long, sunny days but it’s not unusual to experience rain showers still in March.
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in March here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in March.
- Further Reading: The best times to visit Dubai
Dubai Special Events March 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE: MOST EVENTS LISTED BELOW HAVE BEEN CANCELLED IN 2020 DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK AND CONTAINMENT MEASURES PUT IN PLACE BY THE UAE AUTHORITIES
- Dubai Food Festival – running from 26 February through to 14 March with events all over the city
- Taste of Dubai – the city’s biggest culinary event of the year takes place this year from March 12 to 14 2020 at the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre.
- Middle East Film and Comic Con – one for the superhero fans enjoy the live entertainment, vendors and competitions at the region’s biggest pop culture event at the Dubai World Trade Centre from 5 to 7 March 2020.
- Dubai International Boat Show – enjoy everything from luxury superyachts to fishing boats and everything in between at this world-class event in its 28th year, at the Dubai Harbour 10 to 14 March 2020.
- Dubai World Cup – the country’s premier horse racing event held at the Meydan Race Course on 28 March 2020.
Suggested Dubai activities in March
March is starting to warm up but still mild enough to be out and about, so let’s make the most of the outdoor weather with these suggestions perfect for your March itinerary
- AquaFun on The Beach, JBR – test your agility and fitness in this giant outdoor playground of the shore from one of Dubai’s most popular beaches
- Take a Dubai Canal Dinner Cruise through the city’s latest man-made phenomena the Dubai Canal, passing by the Burj Khalifa from the water beneath and the Dubai Canal Waterfall Bridge whilst enjoying a buffet dinner.
- Zip line across the Dubai Marina at speeds up to 80km/hr! Take on this thrilling city zip line through the highrises and over one of the most picturesque urban scenes below.
- Enjoy a night under the stars at a traditional Bedouin camp in the desert.
One for the kids – March in Dubai
- Enjoy Kids GO Free weekdays special offer at Laguna Park, La Mer from March 1 to March 26, 2020
- Try the Aventura Parks high ropes and tree surfing course in Mushrif Park – Dubai’s very own nature park on the city’s doorstep for an active outdoor adventure all the family will love (suitable from 6 years old) – you won’t believe you’re still in the city!
Hit the road – Best Dubai Day Trip in March
Have you ever heard of the UAE’s Oasis city of Al Ain? Steeped in history dating back 5,000 years and the country’s only UNESCO World Heritage Listed site, discover more about the country’s heritage in Al Ain on a day trip from Dubai, just over an hours drive through the desert to the Oman border.
You can learn more about what to expect in Al Ain and the most significant sites here.
Before you go… Things to know before you visit Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: