Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in June
Whilst most of the northern hemisphere is gently gliding into warm summer months in June, Dubai has already dived in head first! Temperatures are already scorching hot and for the most part, life in Dubai has moved indoors to handle the heat
- Further Reading: The best times to visit Dubai
Dubai weather in June
The temperature in Dubai moves from hot to even hotter with an average daily maximum of 39.8c (103.6F), but it’s not unusual to experience significantly hotter days up to 47.9c (118.2F). Temperatures drop to an average of 27.7c (81.9F) overnight.
Sea temperatures also rise from 30.4c (87.8F) up to 33c (90.4F) – you won’t get much reprieve from jumping in the sea but most hotel resorts should have chillers on their pools to keep the water refreshing.
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in June here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in June.
Is June too hot in Dubai?
This is really a matter of personal preference and what you have planned for Dubai. For the most part, it’s too hot to be out and about at the beach or tackling the desert in June during the peak of the day. If you don’t mind sweating a little, evenings out are still manageable, albeit many restaurants close their outdoor terraces in the hottest months of the year and many seasonal events have closed.
What you will find is that you can pick up a bargain on your accommodation from June through to August. Hotels still look to fill their rooms in the off-peak season and you’ll certainly avoid the crowds in June.
Dubai Special Events June 2020
As most activity has now moved indoors, there is a slow down in large festivals and events over the hottest summer months. You can still experience these fun indoor and outdoor experiences in June 2020:
- Dubai Desert Run – starting very early in the day 5 June 2020 this extreme sports challenge sees a 3k, 5k & 10k desert running challenge
- Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) – this 6-week shopping event kicks off from 21 June 2020. Modesh World will take over the Dubai World Trade Centre again as a central family hub for entertainment.
- Enjoy a night of comedy at the Dubai Opera with Russell Howard 26 June 2020
We will update with more events closer to June. Many hotels and resorts hold lavish “closing parties” at this time of year before shutting up for summer.
Suggested Dubai activities in June
Time to start exploring some of the city’s best indoor attractions. Basing yourself around Dubai Mall and Downtown Dubai is a great idea at this stage of the year. Why not try:
- A trip to At The Top Burj Khalifa – the highest observation deck in the world is a total bucketlist experience not to miss, mostly indoors (NB even in off-peak times its still best to book your Burj Khalifa tickets well in advance)
- Visit the largest suspended indoor aquarium tank in the world The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. it is totally free to observe the free tank inside the Mall, but a visit inside and the up-close encounters cost extra. For a big day out, it’s easy to combine your ticket to At The Top with the aquarium.
- For an icy cold treat, try your hand (or your feet!) at the Olympic-sized ice skating rink in Dubai Mall.
- Once the sun goes down, venture out to the Dubai Mall promenade to capture the evening Dubai Fountain show – the world’s largest dancing fountain show.
With the kids – June in Dubai
Indoor kids entertainment is Dubai’s speciality, in fact, you probably won’t find more indoor activities and fun centres in the world! Here’s just a sample of some of the biggest you can try – or check out this awesome listing of summer indoor activities for kids
- Kidzania Dubai – the life-like city built just for kids where they can take on jobs, earn money from flying a FlyDubai plane through to working at the bank and enjoy lunch from their own creations at Pizza Express!
- Explore the entirely indoor rainforest biodome The Green Planet – featuring rescued exotic wildlife through to animal encounters and Zoo Keeper for a Day opportunities.
- Head across the road to City Walk with your littlest one to enjoy indoor fun at Mattel Play! Town
Before you go… things to know before you visit Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: