Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in June
Take me back to May | Jump forward to July
Whilst most of the northern hemisphere is gently gliding into the warm summer months in June, Dubai has already dived in head first!
Temperatures are already scorching hot, and for the most part, life in Dubai has moved indoors to handle the extreme heat in June.
The good news for June visitors to Dubai, is tourism numbers fall from their spring peak and before the summer REALLY starts. This means there are bargains to be had and queue-free attractions to enjoy, so let’s dive into the detail what to expect in Dubai this June.
Dubai Weather in June
The temperature in Dubai moves from hot to even hotter with an average daily maximum of 39.8°C (103.6°F).
Still, it’s not unusual to experience significantly hotter days up to 47.9°C (118.2°F), as well as days with higher than normal humidity. Temperatures drop to an average of 27.7°C (81.9°F) overnight.
Sea temperatures also rise from 30.4°C (87.8°F) up to 33°C (90.4°F) – you won’t get much reprieve from jumping in the sea but most hotel resorts should have chillers on their pools to keep the water refreshing.
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in June here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in June.
Is June too hot in Dubai?
This is really a matter of personal preference and what you have planned for Dubai.
For the most part, it’s too hot to be out and about at the beach or tackling the desert in June during the peak of the day, but not impossible.
If you don’t mind sweating a little, evenings out are still manageable, albeit many restaurants close their outdoor terraces in the hottest months of the year, and many seasonal events have closed.
You can read more about what to expect in summer in Dubai here.
What you will find is that you can pick up a bargain on your accommodation from June through to August.
Hotels still look to fill their rooms in the off-peak season and you’ll certainly avoid the peak crowds in June.
Waterparks and water-based attractions still remain quite busy in June too, though as water temperatures rise over the month even these outdoor activities can become unbearable for some.
Dubai Special Events June 2022
As most activity has now moved indoors, there is a slow down in large festivals and events over the hottest summer months. You can still experience these fun indoor and outdoor experiences in June 2022:
- Super Sports Summer Run – active sports don’t stop in Dubai just becausse its hot. Starting very early in the day 5 June 2022 this extreme sports challenge sees a 3k, 5k & 10k desert running challenge.
- Fancy an Arctic run, in the desert? Yep, it’s Dubai of course you can do that. The actions happening at SkiDubai on 11 June 2022, starting early in the morning.
- Super Sports Night Run – the last of the seasn, catch the city sights by night while keeping fit 22 June 2022
- Art enthiastists won’t want to miss Aura Art Fair at Alserkal Avenue on 18 June 2022, show casing over 60 artists and vendors showcasing their work.
- Dubai Opera always has a stellar lineup of indoor entertainment in the lead-up to summer. This June, you can expect Alice in Wonderland, UK Pink Floyd Experience Tribute Show, and Seize the Day amongst a diverse lineup of live stage entertainment.
Places to Visit in Dubai in June
In June, you will most definitely want to start exploring some of the city’s best indoor attractions.
Basing yourself around Dubai Mall and Downtown Dubai is a great idea at this stage of the year. Why not try:
- A visit to the city’s latest new opening, the Museum of the Future. An otherworldly experience sure to wow (NB advance booking essential, currently booking out weeks in advance)
- A trip to At The Top Burj Khalifa – the highest observation deck in the world is a total bucket list experience not to miss, mostly indoors (Even in off-peak times it’s still best to book your Burj Khalifa tickets well in advance, especially if you want the coveted sunset spots).
- Visit the largest suspended indoor aquarium tank in the world The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. It is totally free to observe the free tank inside the Mall, but a visit inside and the up-close encounters cost extra. For a big day out, it’s easy to combine your ticket to At The Top with the aquarium.
- For an icy cold treat, try your hand (or your feet!) at the Olympic-sized ice skating rink in Dubai Mall.
- Take on the slopes of Ski Dubai in Mall of the Emirates, or enjoy a snow park pass to enjoy Bobsledding, Zorb balling, and more!
- Once the sun goes down, venture out to the Dubai Mall promenade to capture the evening Dubai Fountain show – the world’s largest dancing fountain show on the Burj Lake. Taking a traditional abra out onto the water at night is one of the most popular central city activities in June.
- Another great nightspot to enjoy the nightly fountain show is Time Out Market, found in neighbouring Souk al Bahar. Terrace views are possible here as well as a superb dining hall atmosphere. Friday nights you can enjoy resident DJ Martin Avari playing from 8:00 pm until late, it will be one of the most happening places in town this June.
- Immersive Digital Art Museum Infinity Des Lumieres will be running two special summer exhibits from June through to September 2022 featuring futuristic digital art – Destination Cosmos and Dubai Data.
June in Dubai With The Kids
Indoor kids’ entertainment is Dubai’s specialty, in fact, you probably won’t find more indoor activities and fun centers in the world!
Here’s just a sample of some of the biggest indoor attractions you can try – or check out this awesome listing of summer indoor activities for kids
- Kidzania Dubai – the life-like city built just for kids where they can take on jobs, earn money from flying a FlyDubai plane through to working at the bank and enjoy lunch from their own creations at Pizza Express! Found within Dubai Mall.
- Play DXB (formerly VR Park) offers a huge indoor virtual reality park to explore, within Dubai Mall.
- Explore the entirely indoor rainforest biodome The Green Planet – featuring rescued exotic wildlife through to animal encounters and “Zoo Keeper for a Day” opportunities.
- Brand new in 2022, head to Dubai Hills Mall, bringing you the giant Adventure Park from climbing walls to rope courses and even an indoor rollercoaster (yes, inside the shopping mall!) The Storm Coaster.
More Frequently Asked Questions About June in Dubai
Rain in Dubai during June would be an extremely rare occurence. It can rain in Dubai but predominantly this will occur in the winter months – November to April.
Yes. Dubai doesn’t experience the classic 4 season, just a mild winter and a hot summer. June is near the start of the hottest months of the year.
The water temperatures raise significantly over the month of June. You will still find the water in Dubai pleasant for swimming at the start of June, as you approach the peak of summer it is less pleasant, around 33°C (90.4°F)
It depends on your tolerance for the heat! If your looking for a vacation in the sun without the crowds, then June makes a great time to be in Dubai. If you want to undertake outdoor activitiesm visit the desert and the mountains then June is probably going to be too hot to be enjoyable, and many attractions
Check out the best things to do in every month in Dubai here!
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Take me back to the Dubai travel blog
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner
Went to the beach in Mamzar on both 2nd and 3rd of June 2022, both starting from 4:00 PM. Weather was okay on the 2nd of June, but on the 3rd of June, the weather was unbelievably beautiful! Of course during the daytime, weather was normally hot, it reached the average high of between 38 to 42 degrees celsius which is too hot obviously, but this is normal for late May / early June. Sea water temperature was just perfect on both days, taken from May, and around 4:00 PM the weather cools down. From that time to 7 PM, on 2nd of June, the weather was fine, except it was humid. The same time at 7 PM on 3rd of June, the weather was so beautiful, it didn’t felt like June at all, it felt more like April-end or early May, it was clear and it was beautiful, the sunset was more colorful and beautiful, the wind is blowing off cool air which kind of made me feel cold, it was awesome, later that night it sinked to 28 degrees celsius unlike to 32 degrees on the night of 2nd of June. Nevertheless, if people say, “oh June is a bad month to visit, because it is too hot” Hell no, June (especially early June) in my opinion is the BEST month to visit Dubai, and also Abu Dhabi UAE for beach outings!
Great, thanks for that really insightful feedback. Dubai weather can undoubtedly be quite variable from one day to the next, hot comes in many different formats in Dubai! June can definitely be a great time to visit the beach without the crowds.