Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in February
February makes a superb time of the year for tourists who like to avoid the peak crowds and enjoy great outdoor experiences in Dubai while the weather is still mild.
It’s also a great month for romantics looking for Valentine’s holiday deals in one of Dubai’s luxury resorts, adventure lovers that want to head to the mountains. and sports fans of all variety with a huge line up of indoor and outdoor events.
Dubai weather in February
Dubai’s average day time maximum temperature in February is 25.6c/78F, with highs as much as 37.5c/99F and lows overnight averaging 15.6c/60F.
In February you should expect sea temperatures on average of 22.4/72.3F (Maximum sea temperatures are expected of 23.5c/73.4F through to a minimum 21.3c/71.2F).
Whilst the outside air temperature is starting to warm up for Spring, it is the coolest time of the year for water temperatures, albeit most resorts and hotels heat their pools for year-round enjoyment.
Fog and rain are both common occurrences in February, but on the whole, you will mostly experience bright sunny days.
You can read more about expected Dubai weather in February here, along with our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in February.
Further Reading: The best times to visit Dubai
Dubai Special Events February 2020
- Dubai Crown Prince Camel Festival – the third annual event to be held at Al Marmoom Camel Race Track 1 to 13 February 2020
- Emirates Airlines 12th Annual Festival of Literature to be held from 4 to 9 February 2020 at the Intercontinental, Dubai Festival City, for all age groups #EmiratesLitFest
- Virgin Radio RedFestDXB – One of Dubai’s biggest musical events of the yeat held at the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre from 6 to 7 February 2020 #RedfestDXB
- Dubai World Cup Carnival – Middle East horse racing at its finest at the Meydan racecourse 6 February 2020, lead up event to the Dubai World Cup event in March
- Dubai Polo Gold Cup Series – to be held at the Al Habtoor Polo Resort & Club from 10th to 14th February 2020
- Valentines Day – 14th February 2020 – Expect popular rooftop bars and romantic restaurant hotspots over the city to book out!
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships including superstars Djokovic and Federer, held at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium from 17th to 29th February 2020 #DDFTennis
- Dubai Food Festival – 26 February to 14 March – experience Dubai’s diverse culinary scene in this schedule of events all over the city from the Etisalat Beach Canteen at Jumeirah Beach through to their Hidden Gems vote, themed tours and workshops along with dining deals.
- Emirates Airlines Dubai Jazz Festival held from 26 to 28 February 2020 at the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, alongside the Ripe Market
Note that some water parks do their annual maintenance in the coolest winter months, some rides and attractions may be closed, check before booking tickets to avoid any disappointment
Suggested Dubai activities in February
As the mild winter days continue into February it’s the perfect time of year to do some outdoor exploring. In and around Dubai city we suggest you try:
- Get to know Old Dubai and the streets of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood. Plan a visit to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding and enjoy the many laneways, galleries and cafes that surround the area.
- Take a traditional Abra across Dubai Creek to visit Deira on the east bank and tour the gold & spice souks.
- Seek out a traditional Emirati feast at a local restaurant.
- If you would prefer a guided tour, check out the Old & Modern Tour of Dubai for a taste of both sides of Dubai
- Take an abra through the canals around Madinat Jumeirah Souk, with the stunning Burj al Arab backdrop and exquisite luxury Arabian surroundings
- Walk a stretch of the Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk, covering 11kms of the outer frond of the Palm. Start from Atlantis in the centre, or Rixos Hotel to the east, One&Only The Palm to the west.
Places to visit Dubai in February
This is the perfect time of year to discover more of Dubai’s backyard and heard into the mountains and desert for a unique Dubai experience. Why not try:
- A day tour to Hatta in the mountains where you can experience the Heritage Village of Hatta, and the east coast Emirate of Fujairah.
- Or even better, an overnight stay in the unique Hatta Sedrr Trailers Resort for a stunning nature experience.
- A romantic night at Dubai’s most exclusive and romantic desert resort Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa.
- Dine at one of Dubai’s most exclusive and romantic restaurants with your Valentine.
Dubai with Kids in February
Whilst the days are still so mild, the perfect activity with kids is to enjoy the parks and gardens that the city has to offer – yes in the desert! Our favourites are:
- Dubai Garden Glow and Dinosaur Park – you will find this close to the city in Zabeel Park. A nightly event from 4pm where you can watch giant animated dinosaurs roar to life, before the sunset and the park comes alive with totally instagrammable glowing creations.
- Dubai Miracle Garden – where you will find the world’s largest flower garden by total number of blooms, a truly magical walk through floral houses to the centrepiece Emirates A380 floral creations. Swing and hammock your way around and enjoy one of the city’s prettiest little spots
- Safa Park – a favourite with locals, this is where you will find your slice of tranquillity in inner Dubai. Barbequing, ball games and picnicking are all popular activities in this family park, along with bike riding and boating on the lake, a bargain day out for just a few dirham entry fee.
Before you go… more things you should know before visiting Dubai in February
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: