Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in February
February makes a superb time of the year for tourists who like to avoid the peak crowds and enjoy great outdoor experiences in Dubai while the weather is still mild.
It’s also a great month for romantics looking for Valentine’s holiday deals in one of Dubai’s luxury resorts, adventure lovers that want to head to the mountains and sports fans of all variety with a huge line up of indoor and outdoor events.
Please bear in mind entry rules are subject to change due to COVID-19. Please check with your airline and Government authorities before flying to Dubai. UAE COVID news can be found here.
Dubai weather in February
Dubai’s average day time maximum temperature in February is 25.6°C/78°F, with highs as much as 37.5°C/99°F and lows overnight averaging 15.6°C/60°F.
In February you should expect sea temperatures on average of 22.4°C/72.3°F (maximum sea temperatures are expected of 23.5°C/73.4°F through to a minimum 21.3°C/71.2°F).
Whilst the outside air temperature is starting to warm up for Spring, it is the coolest time of the year for water temperatures, albeit most resorts and hotels heat their pools for year-round enjoyment.
Fog and rain are both common occurrences in February, but on the whole, you will mostly experience bright sunny days.
You can read more about expected Dubai weather in February here, along with our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in February.
Further Reading: The best times to visit Dubai: Every season explained
Dubai Special Events February 2021
All of these events are in the calendar for February 2021 but may be subject to change or last minute cancellation
- Emirates Airlines 12th Annual Festival of Literature to be held from 4 to 6 February 2021 at three locations to allow social distancing; the Intercontinental Dubai Festival City, Jameel Arts Centre and Alserkal Avenue, something for all age groups to enjoy #EmiratesLitFest
- Dubai Polo – a huge line up of events at the Al Habtoor Polo Resort & Club, including the IFZA Gold Cup from 14 February to 5 March 2021
- Valentines Day – 14th February 2021 – Expect popular rooftop bars and romantic restaurant hotspots over the city to book out!
- Dubai Food Festival – 25 February to 13 March 2021 – experience Dubai’s diverse culinary scene in this schedule of events all over the city from the Etisalat Beach Canteen at Jumeirah Beach through to their Hidden Gems vote, themed tours and workshops along with dining deals.
- Emirates Airlines Dubai Jazz Festival usually held in late February we are awaiting confirmation of 2021 dates.
Note that some water parks do their annual maintenance in the coolest winter months, some rides and attractions may be closed, check before booking tickets to avoid any disappointment
Suggested Dubai activities in February 2021
As the mild winter days continue into February it’s the perfect time of year to do some outdoor exploring. In and around Dubai city we suggest you try:
- Get to know Old Dubai and the streets of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood. Plan a visit to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding and enjoy the many laneways, galleries and cafes that surround the area – our favourites include the Coffee Museum and XVA Cafe.
- Take a traditional Abra across Dubai Creek to visit Deira on the east bank and tour the gold & spice souks.
- Seek out a traditional Emirati feast at a local restaurant, or join an organised tour taking you through the oldest parts of the city.
- If you would prefer a guided tour, check out the Old & Modern Tour of Dubai for a taste of both sides of Dubai
- Take an abra through the canals around Madinat Jumeirah Souk, with the stunning Burj al Arab backdrop and exquisite luxury Arabian surroundings
- Walk a stretch of the Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk, covering 11kms of the outer frond of the Palm. Start from Atlantis in the centre, or Rixos Hotel to the east, One&Only The Palm to the west.
Places to visit this February in Dubai
This is the perfect time of year to discover more of Dubai’s backyard and heard into the mountains and desert for a unique Dubai experience. Why not try:
- A day tour to Hatta in the mountains where you can experience the Heritage Village of Hatta, or enjoy a kayak ride and hiking around Hatta Dam.
- Or even better, an overnight stay in the unique Hatta Sedr Trailers Resort for a stunning nature experience.
- A romantic night at Dubai’s most exclusive and romantic desert resort Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa – or check out our complete collection of Dubai’s most romantic places here.
- Take on an early morning balloon ride and desert safari.
- Enjoy a luxury yacht tour departing from Dubai Marina
- Dine at one of Dubai’s most exclusive and romantic restaurants with your Valentine.
Dubai with Kids in February
Whilst the days are still so mild, the perfect activity with kids is to enjoy the parks and gardens that the city has to offer – yes in the desert! Our favourites are:
- Dubai Garden Glow and Dinosaur Park – you will find this close to the city in Zabeel Park. A nightly event from 4:00 pm where you can watch giant animated dinosaurs roar to life, before the sunset and the park comes alive with totally instagrammable glowing creations.
- Dubai Miracle Garden – where you will find the world’s largest flower garden by total number of blooms, a truly magical walk through floral houses to the centrepiece Emirates A380 floral creations. Swing and hammock your way around and enjoy one of the city’s prettiest little spots.
- Safa Park – a favourite with locals, this is where you will find your slice of tranquillity in inner Dubai. Barbequing, ball games and picnicking are all popular activities in this family park, along with bike riding and boating on the lake, a bargain day out for just a few dirham entry fee.
- You can find our complete guide to Dubai’s best parks and gardens here
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: