Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in July – climate, tours, events and attractions in summer
Heat is the first thing that immediately jumps to everybody’s mind when you mention Dubai in July.
Visiting Dubai at the peak of summer, are you crazy? Not always! As long as you go in with your eyes wide open on what to expect, you will still find plenty of indoor attractions to keep you entertained, even at the hottest time of year in Dubai.
Dubai is open to tourism in July 2021. There are a limited number of travel bans still in place for travellers arriving from certain countries which you can find here. See all the latest information on travelling to Dubai post-COVID.
Climate in Dubai in July
You are reaching peak summer temperatures for Dubai in July. The average daytime maximum temperature for July is 41.3°C (106.3°F), however, maximum daytime temperatures can reach up to 48.5°C (119.3°F) – the “feels like” temperature often exceeds this! Overnight the temperature only dips as far as 30.4°C (86.7°F).
Swimming in the sea waters brings little reprieve from the outside air temperature in July as water temperatures rise up to highs of 34.7°c (92.4°F).
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in July here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in July.
The good news is, you will find little if any rain in Dubai in July. The bad news; expect to spend most of your days inside. Things do perk up in the evenings but anything outdoors is still likely to bring on an immediate sweat. There is little temperature difference between the start and end of July, but the humidity does rise over the month making the “feels like” temperature much greater than the air temperature.
Dubai Special Events July 2021
Although large events tend to be scaled back in Dubai over the hottest summer months, post-COVID Dubai is certainly doing its best to still allure visitors to town over the hottest months with some tantalising indoor ideas to keep things interesting.
- Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) – From 1 July to 4 September 2021 enjoy unbeatable sales, special offers and prize draws citywide.
- Dubai Sports World – at the Dubai World Trade Centre there’s a huge number of individual and team sports on offer throughout July – Ninja Warrior courses through to basketball, indoor football, parkour and loads more for all age groups keeping active indoors over summer.
- Ripe Markets – Dubai’s beloved farmers market moved indoors in the hottest months; on the 1st Sunday each month (so 3 July 2021) you’ll find Ripe Market at the new Circle Mall at Jumeirah Village Circle
- Arafat Day & Eid Al Adha – these special religious occasions celebrated by the Muslim community are expected to occur from July 19 to 22, subject to moon sighting.
Suggested things to do in Dubai in July
Time to test some of Dubai’s biggest and best indoor attractions that will keep you active in the summer. Why not try:
- Indoor skiing at Ski Dubai – hit the slopes with your skis or snowboards and try out the 400m entirely indoor slope at Mall of the Emirates.
- Day trip up to Abu Dhabi for two adrenaline-pumping indoor experiences – the world-famous Ferrari World Theme Park housing the fastest roller coaster in the world, and right next door try the newly opened CLYMB Abu Dhabi – home to the largest indoor climbing world AND largest indoor flight chamber for skydiving (subject to border crossing rules)
- Enjoy nearby theme park thrills at Dubai’s very own entirely indoor theme park IMG Worlds of Adventure – from Cartoon Network favourites to the dinosaurs of the Lost Valley and Marvel experiences – there’s a load packed under one roof here for a full day of indoor entertainment
- Infinity des Lumières – An intriguing new temporary gallery that can be found in Dubai Mall from 1 July 2021. Cutting edge technology helps visitors experience the works of Van Gough, the Verse – a hypnotic, metaphysical journey by Thomas Vanz and Dreamed Japan.
- Enjoy the incredible indoor show at Al Habtoor City, La Perle by Dragon; a stage spectacular sure to impress and keep your cool in Dubai! Top your evening off with a walk along Dubai Canal after dark.
With the kids – July in Dubai
It’s all about scouting out the best in indoor entertainment with kids in July, and don’t worry there is PLENTY! Happening around town. Here are just a few unique ideas you could try:
- Oli Oli – Interactive Play Museum. In the commercial area of Al Quoz, this is an absolute hidden gem of the city for interactive edutainment
- Take on some indoor trampolines; You won’t believe just how many indoor play centres this city has and trampolines have become a speciality! A few favourites to try include BOUNCE & X Park, Flipout and Jump Boxx indoor trampoline park.
- Explore the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo at Dubai Mall – take a freebie look from inside Dubai Mall at the giant tank, or come inside for more up-close encounters and incredible animal experiences.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner