Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in July
Heat is the first thing that immediately jumps to everybody’s mind when you mention Dubai in July.
In the peak of summer, are you crazy? Not always! As long as you go in with your eyes wide open on what to expect, you will still find plenty of indoor attractions to keep you entertained, even at the hottest time of year in Dubai.
Climate in Dubai in July
You are reaching into the peak summer temperatures for Dubai in July. Maximum temperatures you can expect are 48.5c (119.3F) while overnight lows will only dip as far as 30.4c (86.7F). The average temperature in July is 33.3 (92F).
Swimming in the sea waters brings little reprieve from the outside air temperature in July as water temperatures rise up to highs of 34.7c (92.4F).
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in July here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in July.
The good news is, you will find little if any rain – the bad news – expect to spend most of your days inside. Things do perk up in the evenings but anything outdoors is still likely to bring on an immediate sweat. There is little temperature difference between the start and end of July, but the humidity does rise over the month.
Dubai Special Events July 2020
There are not many large events held over the hottest summer months of the year. Many local residents use this time of year to head overseas so you will find the city is much quieter than usual. That said here’s what you can still find:
- Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) – continuing on from June, this 6-week shopping event kicks off runs throughout July. Events happening all over town.Centre.
- Dubai Sports World – at the Dubai World Trade Centre there’s a huge number of individual and team sports on offer throughout July – more to come but past years have seen Ninja Warrior courses through to basketball, indoor football, parkour and loads more for all age groups keeping active indoors over summer
- Arafat Day & Eid Al Adha – these special religious occasions celebrated by the Muslim community are expected to occur from July 29/30, subject to moon sighting.
Suggested things to do in Dubai in July
Time to test some of Dubai’s biggest and best indoor attractions that will keep you active in the summer. Why not try:
- Indoor skiing at Ski Dubai – hit the slopes with your skis or snowboards and try out the 400m entirely indoor slope at Mall of the Emirates
- Day trip up to Abu Dhabi for 2 adrenaline-pumping indoor experiences – the world-famous Ferrari World Theme Park housing the fastest roller coaster in the world, and right next door try the newly opened CLYMB Abu Dhabi – home to the largest indoor climbing world AND largest indoor flight chamber for skydiving.
- Enjoy nearby theme park thrills at Dubai’s very own entirely indoor theme park IMG Worlds of Adventure – from Cartoon Network favourites to the dinosaurs of the Lost Valley and Marvel experiences – there’s a load packed under one roof here for a full-days indoor entertainment.
With the kids – July in Dubai
Its all about scouting out the best in indoor entertainment with kids in July, and don’t worry there is PLENTY! Happening around town. Here are just a few unique ideas you could try:
- Oli Oli – Interactive Play Museum. In the commercial area of Al Quoz, this is an absolute hidden gem of the city for interactive edutainment
- Take on some indoor trampolines; You won’t believe just how many indoor play centres this city has and trampolines have become a speciality! A few favourites to try include BOUNCE & X Park, Flipout and Jump Boxx indoor trampoline park.
Before you go… things to know before your visit to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: