One of the most magical places to visit in Dubai at night is the seasonal extravaganza of Global Village.
Part theme park, part market – it’s truly difficult to describe Global Village without experiencing it! A wonderful festival of colour, sounds, smells, and tastes as countries around the world showcase their foods, handicrafts, dance and culture in one giant venue.
The 2021/22 season marks the 26th year of Global Village which continues to grow every year – 78 cultures across 26 pavilions and 3,500 displays will feature in this winter’s event.
- Global Village Dubai Timings
- Global Village Dubai Ticket Price
- Where is Global Village Dubai?
- Global Village Hotels
- Safety at Global Village Dubai – post COVID
- What will you find at Global Village Dubai
- Special events at Global Village Season 26
- Frequently asked questions planning a trip to Global Village Dubai
Global Village Dubai Timings
Season 26 of Global Village Dubai will run from 26 October 2021 until 10 April 2021.
- Saturday to Wednesday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am (last entry 11:30 pm)
- Thursday & Friday 4:00 pm to 1:00 am (last entry 12:30 pm)
Note that Mondays are family night (unless it is a public holiday) where only women, children and direct male relatives may attend.
Global Village Dubai Ticket Price
Park entry into Global Village Dubai has always been set at a very affordable amount to encourage visitors from all parts of the Dubai community to be able to join in.
The 2021 entry cost remains unchanged:
- Adults 15 AED
- Children less than 3-years-old are free as are over 65’s
- People of Determination and one caregiver are free
Carnaval Rides come at an additional cost, you can pre-purchase a Wonder Pass and top it up with credit for these rides.
Additional attractions at Global Village Dubai
There are several attractions within the park that now cost extra. These extra attractions can be paid for in advance online to prevent the need to queue for tickets and contactless payment.
- Harbour Force Stunt Show 15 AED
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not 40 AED
- Ripley’s Marvellous Mirror Maze 30 AED
- Ripley’s 4D Moving Theatre 40 AED
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not Grand Combo 75 AED
This is in addition to a stunning array of free shows that are on throughout the season. Some of this seasons line up will include:
- Aainjaa – From Bogota, Colombia, a high energy drumming band can be seen daily – 29 October to 25 November, 2021
- Burn the Floor – An electrifuing stage tap show 3 to 31 March, 2022
- The Scatty Chapati stage show – for all ages throughout the season
- After Dark – Fairytale mayhem on stage as the toys come to life!
- Ben & Holly – Kiddy favourite live on stage
- Here Comes the Boom – Unbeleiveable stage stunts from Urban Crew – Asias Got Talent 2017 finalists
Global Village VIP Packages
A relatively new concept for Global Village Dubai is VIP Packages, introduced in their Silver Jubilee year they sold out!. These packages include VIP Parking, restaurant reservations, and skip-the-line priveledges on some attractions.
VIP packs for Global Village cost:
- Diamond VIP 6000 AED
- Platinum VIP 2400 AED
- Gold VIP 1900 AED
- Silver VIP 1500 AED
Far more than just Global Village attractions, VIP ticket holders will also have exclusive offers from Dubai Parks & Resorts, The Green Planet, Roxy Cinemas, and Laguna Waterpark. Sold by Virgin Megastrorees, you can learn more here.
Where is Global Village Dubai?
You will find Global Village Dubai just off the E311 Freeway in Dubai – Exit 37 from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road.
Driving to Global Village
There are ample parking spaces – for over 23,000 cars! – though be warned the car park is HUGE! for the spots nearest to the entrance, you really do need to be amongst the first to arrive after opening.
Public bus to Global Village Dubai
There are several bus routes servicing Global Village Dubai – Look for routes 102, 103, 104 and 106.
Taxi or Careem/Uber to Global Village
This is a great way to get to Global Village without the hassle of parking. There is a large taxi rank to take you home at the end of the evening but we suggest trying to pre-book your spot to beat the rush at closing time.
Global Village Hotels
There are still, surprisingly, no hotels located actually in Global Village. You will find these hotels near Global Village Dubai for the most convenience, though still a taxi ride away:
- The S Hotel Al Barsha (4 star)
- Premier Inn Dubai Silicon Oasis (3 star)
- Arabian Ranches Golf Club (2 star)
Safety at Global Village Dubai – post COVID
Like all attractions in Dubai, Global Village Dubai operates with COVID-19 safety measures in place. The event venue has a Dubai Assured stamp from Dubai Municipality and health and safety protocols are in place including the compulsory wearing of face masks and social distancing.
In addition to this, extra safety measures for children include wrist bands being issued at the entry for parents to provide their phone number.
What will you find at Global Village Dubai
As a world showcase you will find at Dubai Global Village:
Retail outlets – from clothing to local crafts representing 78 different cultures around the world and spread over 26 pavilions.
Dining – street stalls to dine in restaurants – some are within country/continent pavilions whilst others are found on restaurant street. There will be over 140 food kiosks featured in season 25.
Stage Shows – You will get a daily stream of live entertainment on the main stage, kids stage as well as smaller shows that may appear within each of the pavilions and street acts.
Carnaval – dedicated to show rides, arcade-style games and experiences such as laser tag and the haunted house as well as the iconic show ground Ferris wheel. You will need a Wonder Pass loaded with credit to enjoy these experiences.
Peter Rabbit Adventure Zone – New in 2021/22, this family addition is soon to open – watch this space we wait for news if this will cost extra! We understand highlights will include a hedge maze, garden cafe, activity park, and retail store.
Special events at Global Village Season 26
The two big events to look out for this year are:
- National Day – celebrations from 30 Novembr to 3 December 2021
- The Festive Wonderland from 6 to 31 December 2021
However, Global Village undoubtedly has its loyal followers and at this bargain price is well worth getting on your Dubai itinerary.
Frequently asked questions planning a trip to Global Village Dubai
Previously tickets to Global Village were only available at the venue, but now there are advanced purchasing options online.
Tickets to Dubai Global Village can be purchased at the venue with ticket windows open 30 minutes before opening time and close 30 minutes prior to closing time.
You can now also download tickets via the Global Village app (here on Apple or here for Android) or online purchasing options have now been made available on their website.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links. Feature image supplied.Dubai Travel Planner