When the world starts bundling up in layers, the desert oasis of Dubai transforms into a serene paradise with its own magical allure.
Winter in Dubai isn’t your traditional winter but rather a delightful escape from the blistering summer heat that this iconic metropolis is known for.
Think of serene beach days, enchanting desert nights under starlit skies, and outdoor adventure, but without the summer sweat!
As the temperature dips to pleasant degrees, Dubai showcases a different side, and favourite seasonal attractions that thrive in the cooler months start to re-open.
Best Winter Seasonal Attractions in Dubai
Whilst many of Dubai’s best attractions are indoors and have found ways to cope with the weather year-round, several key Dubai attractions have a limited season to avoid the peak temperatures of the summer desert heat.
Here’s everything we know so far about seasonal re-openings in Dubai for winter 2023-24.
Open Dates: 18 October 2023 to 28 April 2024
Spectacular Season 28 of Dubai Global Village will see the return of the city’s favourite multicultural evening entertainment venue. Millions of visitors gather at this outdoor venue throughout the winter to experience shopping, handicrafts, cuisines, and entertainment from around the globe.
Special events such as National Day, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and Eid are all celebrated within the park’s unique atmosphere.
We have a detailed guide here on what to expect at Dubai’s Global Village – although the entry price has now crept up to AED 20 per person (cheaper online), it’s still one of the best value nights out in Dubai.
- Open Monday to Thursday, 4:00 PM to midnight, and Friday to Sunday, 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Learn more at www.globalvillage.ae
Open Dates: 29 September 2023 – 30 April 2024
Dubai Miracle Garden is a breathtaking floral wonderland located in the heart of Dubailand. Boasting over 150 million flowers arranged in intricate designs and awe-inspiring shapes, it’s the world’s largest natural flower garden by number of blooms.
From life-sized houses to an A380 adorned in blooms, the garden transforms the arid desert landscape into a colorful paradise every winter, offering visitors a unique sensory experience filled with vibrant colors, mesmerizing patterns, and sweet fragrances.
- Open Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, and Saturday/Sunday 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Dubai Garden Glow
Open Dates: mid-September 2023 – closing TBC May
A spectacular nighttime light display in Zabeel Park, Dubai Garden Glow is a unique theme park in Dubai that combines the beauty of art, light, and eco-friendly innovations. It features luminous displays, sculptures, and installations crafted using thousands of energy-saving bulbs and yards of recycled luminous fabric.
With multiple zones, including a dazzling glow garden, a Magic Park, and a Dinosaur Park, it provides a visually captivating nighttime experience for visitors, showcasing creativity and environmental consciousness in a mesmerizing blend of lights and colours.
The open dates for this seasonal attraction have crept further and further each season, with only a small break now taken over the hottest summer months as most enjoy the parks during the cooler evenings.
- The park is open Sunday to Friday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM, and Saturday/National Holidays 5:00 PM to Midnight.
Dubai Safari Park
Open Dates: 5 October 2023 – closing TBC
A unique animal experience run by Dubai Municipality, the 119-hectare open-air park on the city’s outskirts closes over the hottest months. Home to over 3,000 animals, the park consists of five sections: African Village, Asian Village, Arabian Desert Safari, Explorer Village, and the Valley.
In addition to day pass entry tickets, you can upgrade for more intimate new experiences such as Dine in the Wild and Behind the Scenes for a closer look at the family care services provided to the animals who call the safari park home.
- Open daily 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Learn more at www.dubaisafari.ae
Hatta Wadi Hub
Open Dates: 15 September 2023 – closing TBC
Nestled in the Hajar Mountains, 90 minutes to the south of Dubai city, is the emirate’s adventure playground of Hatta Wadi Hub.
Cooler weather sees the return of serene desert glamping experiences, adrenaline-pumping adventure activities, and fun family experiences, including zorbing, archery, and the new Aeriel Adventure Park.
Other additions to look out for include a giant swing, a 45-degree zipline, a free-fall zone, and high ropes course.
More Things to Do in Dubai this Winter
If you are planning a winter trip to Dubai, we also recommend you dive further into our archives and check out:
- The best outdoor adventure activities in Dubai
- Where to find the best weekend family brunch in Dubai for al fresco dining at its best
- The perfect place to catch rooftop drinks in Dubai
- All of Dubai’s best parks, gardens, and outdoor spaces
- Where to go cycling in Dubai – bike rental places and the best tracks
- All the best events happening in Dubai during 2023 – and a look forward to the 2024 Dubai events calendar
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner