Everything you need to know about visiting Dubai in October
October is when Dubai starts to see a glimpse of a return to the milder days of winter. Outdoor seasonal events and festivities around the city begin to dust off their covers and re-emerge ready for a busy new winter season.
Dubai weather in October
The start of the month is still extremely hot and you should expect temperatures in excess of 40c/104F, but by month-end the humidity starts to drop and the air temperature cools significantly giving way to bearable outside heat during the day. The average day time high you should expect in October is 35.6c/96F.
Average seas temperatures drop down to around 31c/76F which is great for swimming, but the ground will still be very hot (ie the sand still scorches your feet!!)
You can read our complete guide to Dubai Weather in October here, as well as our suggested ideas of what to pack for Dubai in October.
Dubai Special Events October 2019
- One year to Expo2020 – plenty of celebrations and excitement building for Dubai’s biggest ever international event due to start on 20 October 2020 – watch this space for more on what to expect.
- Diwali – the Festival of Lights is widely celebrated across the city due to the huge expat population, from 27 October 2019 there are many events around the city.
- Halloween – who doesn’t celebrate Halloween these days! Very much an event that’s been adopted into the retail and hospitality side of Dubai at least you will find spooktacular events and specials widely available across the city over the month of October, culminating on 31 October.
Suggested Dubai activities in October
As it’s still pretty hot outside we’re all about keeping our cool in October, but no need to be trapped indoors all day.
- Head to Aquaventure at Atlantis the Palm for a day of splashing good fun at one of the world’s biggest and best water parks. If it’s getting too hot outside in the peak of the day, make sure you head into the Lost Chambers aquarium, the largest in the UAE – save by buying a combo ticket!
Top Tip: If you stay at Atlantis the Palm then your hotel stay will include your entry to Aquaventure!
- Explore around Souk Madinat Jumeirah. This modern take on an old souk (market) always has something happening! It is mostly indoors so great to tackle when it’s still a bit too hot outside. Enjoy cooling off at a show at the Madinet Jumeirah Theatre, or take an Abra ride through the canals. A great place to stock up on your Dubai souvenirs, albeit pricier than the traditional markets in Deira.
Top Tip: Guest staying at any of the Jumeriah Hotels can get tickets to Wild Wadi Water Park, attached to Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Splurge for October
Enjoy afternoon tea at the city’s most iconic building, the acclaimed “7 star” Burj Al Arab. You’ll need to save your pennies for one of Dubai’s most luxurious dining options at Skyview Bar & Restaurant.
Before you go… Things to know before visiting Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: