What are the best ways to spend New Year’s Eve in Dubai?
I think we’re all equally keen to say goodbye to 2021 as we were 2020. And what better way to welcome 2022 than celebrating in style in Dubai.
It should go without saying that the period from Christmas to New Year is one of the busiest and most expensive times to visit Dubai, so do expect peak pricing for both accommodation and dining, not just special events.
New Year Celebrations in Dubai
There’s a huge range of celebrations across Dubai for New Year. You will find you need to advance book at the vast majority of restaurants and venues to secure your spot as part of a package deal. The largest firework events, generally speaking, occur at:
- The Burj Khalifa / Downtown Dubai
- Jumeirah Beach / Bluewaters
- Burj Al Arab / Jumeirah Beach
- Atlantis the Palm / The Pointe Palm Jumeirah
This year brings a host of new venues though looking to ring in the new year with all the glamour and sophistication the city can muster – plus we throw in some family-friendly and budget-friendly ideas too.
Here’s what you need to know about the major New Year’s Eve events in Dubai.
Getting around Dubai New Year’s Eve
Before we dive into events be warned; trying to get around Dubai on New Year’s Eve can be nothing short of a nightmare, especially if you’ve got little ones in tow.
Whilst the city does have an excellent Metro system, the sheer volume of visitors means everything is jam-packed. Taxies have become scarce since Expo commenced and rideshare services are immensely overbooked so prices go sky high or are simply not available. Plan out your evening very carefully with this in mind.
Please wear your mask everywhere in public spaces – failure to do so could earn you a 3000 AED fine.
Best views of Burj Khalifa fireworks for New Year
With social distancing measures in place, we would recommend against our normal advice of watching the fireworks from around Burj Lake – dots on the ground or not, it’s likely to be packed, it’s not great with small kids, just be very prepared for crowds.
Pre-regstration is required now to prevent overcrowding in Downtown Dubai. If you can’t attend in person, you can also catch the live stream from 8:30 PM.
For New Year 2022, we recommend a pre-booked table in a restaurant with fabulous views. Some of the hotel restaurants with the best Burj Khalifa views include:
- Address Sky View – Deck Too and Cé La Vi will offer you fabulous front row seats with arguably the best panoramic views of Burj Khalifa
- At.mosphere – you can’t get much more in the action than within the Burj Khalifa, enjoy the “Secret Brunch” – 7 hours of free-flowing beverages from the 123rd floor.
- Karma Kafe – in Souk Al Bahar offers revellers prime terrace viewswith VIp searting options
- Cartagena – JW Marriott Marquis will offer stunning views of the Burj over evening Brunch
- Thiptara – a romantic favourite of ours, Thai dining in Palace Downtown with stunning Lake & Burj Khalifa views.
- Weslodge – All the Way Up New Year bash with 360-degree city views, JW Marriott Marquis.
- See our complete listing of restaurants with great Dubai Fountain views from both Dubai Mall and Souk Al Bahar, these will also offer you great ground-level views of the Burj Khalifa & the fireworks.
If you’d rather have a cosy night in than a big night out this year, why not book yourself a hotel room with a spectacular view of Burj Khalifa?
Atlantis, The Palm New Years Concert
Always known for pulling out the biggest act in town for New Year in an exclusive ticketed event, Atlantis the Palm has done it again for New Year 2022 with pop legend Robbie Williams headlining a Moulin Rouge-themed gala dinner to ring in 2022 with a 30-piece live band, free-flowing champagne, a lavish lobster laden buffet, a dazzling firework display and, of course, a troupe of lively cancan dancers to kick off the festivities.
Tickets start from a fairly staggering 5,500AED for over 21’s – from 7:30 PM to 3:00 AM
Expo 2020 New Years 2022
A special event just for New Year 2022, the stunning lineup of events and experiences at Expo 2020 keeps getting better with the announcement of New Year celebrations like no other.
Enjoy a special sound and light display under the Al Wasl dome, international performances at the Jubilee Stage, or how about a special New Year only experiences with a 7-course dinner at Jubilee Gastronomy?
Fireworks will take place at the stroke of midnight, as well as a spectacular closing event to take place at 3:00 AM.
Entrance to New Years celebrations is included with your day passes or annual passes for Expo 2020 (dining experiences cost more – check out our full guide to bar hopping your way around Expo 2020.
Dubai Opera New Years Gala “Roaring 20s”
One of Dubai’s most spectacular Downtown venues will be hosting a special “Roaring 20s” Gala Event to bring in 2022. Expect a 3-course menu and 6-hours of free-flowing drinks from 6:30 PM in the Dubai Opera Auditorium. then enjoy the spectacular Burj Khalifa fireworks to close out your evening.
Guest will be entertained by acclaimed dancers and the 2020 winners of Britain’s Got Talent Aaron & Jasmine along with Pioneer DJ Chris Wright behind the decks. VIP, Gold and Premium ticket categories include premium drink choices.
Burj Al Arab Fireworks New Year 2022
There are both free and paid options to get the best views of the Burj Al Arab fireworks.
You’ll be able to view them for free along Jumeirah Beach, Black Palace Beach or Kite Beach if you pack your own picnic and blanket – but be early as it’s likely when space is full they will be turning people away to avoid overcrowding.
Dining in, you can look for options not just within Burj Al Arab but at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and from restaurants at Souk Madinat Jumeirah. – folly by Nick & Scott is always a star revenue for New Years.
Global Village – New Years Around the World
Always renowned for their spectacular New Year’s Eve celebrations, this year will be no exception with their new year’s fireworks taking in not one but 8 midnight celebrations!
At just AED 15 (online) or AED 20 on the door, this is one of the best value New Year’s Eve venues for families – and plenty happening early in the evening if you need to tuck little ones in bed. Look out for fireworks displays at:
- 5:00 PM Sydney
- 8:00 PM Philippines
- 9:00 PM Thailand
- 10:00 PM Bangladesh
- 10:30 PM India
- 11:00 PM Pakistan
- 12:00 AM UAE
- 1:00 AM Moscow
Other major events in Dubai for New Year 2021
You call also look forward to further fireworks displays or spectacular firework vantage points at:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort – Enjoy al fresco dinner at Al Hahheerah with Middle Eastern classic dishes and live entertainment, culminating in a grand fireworks display in the desert. 8:00 PM to 3:00 AM, AED 900 soft drinks, AED 1,050 open bar, AED 1,500 open bar (premium seating). There will be a further celebration at Al Sarab Rooftop Lounge.
- Dubai Festival City Mall – enjoy a staggering 22 acts over the course of the evening from 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM with fireworks shows at 9:00 PM and midnight as well as the IMAGINE evening light and sound water shows that regularly take place every evening, on the hour. Tickets are avialable to shoppers between 15 and 30 December – various tiers apply.
- Emirates Golf Club – A Beatles tribute act is the main event this year with bubbles and dinner to see you through the evening until a fireworks show at mignight 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM, Kids AED 275, AED 975 Guests
- The Pointe Palm Jumeirah – their regular evening fountain display will be happening all evening, plus fireworks at midnight in conjunction with Atlantis the Palm concert as above. A shuttle bus will run guests from Nakheel Mall to The Pointe to avoid congestion. Learn more about participating restaurant deals at thepointe.ae
- Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk, which hugs the outter crescent of the Palm is another favourite spot if you’re seeking a free spot to catch the Atlantis firework action – but do be aware of traffic issues on the Palm and plan to get there early and wait to get home.
- Al Seef – the old-meets-new creekside area will host midnight fireworks, table bookings at one of the waterfront restaurants highly recommended.
- Bla Bla – this unbeatable party hotspot on The Beach, JBR has unrivalled rooftop views towards Ain Dubai From 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM, pricing starts from AED 750 or AED 1,500 for VIP premium view seating
- Other venues that have had free fireworks in the past – we’re still confirming these are going ahead this year include – La Mer, Town Square and Dubai Frame.
Private yacht parties and dinner cruises
One of the most popular nights of the year for taking a Dubai yacht cruise. Most takeoff from Dubai Marina and you will definitely need to pre-book this sort of experience.
Another option is a dhow dinner cruise on Dubai creek – we have a complete run-through of your cruising options in Dubai here
Wherever you may be planning to head for your New Year’s Eve celebrations in Dubai, please be mindful of social distancing and the need to wear masks at all times in public places.
If you are looking at heading to Abu Dhabi for New Year’s Eve, you can check out a detailed events listing here. Note that there are still tighter COVID restrictions in Abu Dhabi compared with Dubai and you will need a “Green Alhosn” for public events and venues in Abu Dhabi and will be EDE screened at the land border – learn more about the latest domestic border crossing requirements from Dubai.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Dubai Go City Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner