What are the best ways to spend New Year’s Eve in Dubai?
We’re pretty sure the vast majority of us would agree that 2020 is a year we’re ready to say goodbye to and, and there are plenty of ways we can welcome in 2021 with open arms in Dubai.
It should probably go without saying that the period from Christmas to New Year is one of the busiest and most expensive times to visit Dubai, so do expect peak pricing for both accommodation and dining.
New Year Celebrations in Dubai
There’s a huge range of celebrations across Dubai for New Year. You will find you need to advance book at the vast majority of restaurants and venues to secure your spot as part of a package deal. The largest events, generally speaking, occur at:
- The Burj Khalifa & Downtown Dubai
- Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Beach
- Atlantis the Palm
However, if you’re not fussed by seeing the fireworks there’s a huge range of restaurants and clubs across the city hosting smaller events. Our guide here focuses on the big-ticket events you’ve no doubt seen on TV before and would love to experience for yourself.
Here’s what you need to know about the major New Year’s Eve events in Dubai.
Best views of Burj Khalifa fireworks for New Year
The spectacular centrepiece of Dubai’s new year’s fireworks always revolves around the Burj Khalifa & Downtown Dubai. With social distancing measures in place, we would recommend against our normal advice of watching the fireworks from around Burj Lake – dots on the ground or not, it’s likely to be packed.
For New Years 2021, we recommend a pre-booked table in a restaurant with fabulous views. Some of the hotel restaurants with the best Burj Khalifa views include:
- Address Sky View – Deck Too and Cé La Vi will offer you fabulous front row seats
- At.mosphere – you can’t get much more in the action than within the Burj Khalifa, enjoy the “Secret Brunch” – 7 hours of free-flowing beverages from the 123rd floor.
- Cartagena – JW Marriott Marquis will offer stunning views of the Burj over evening Brunch
- Thiptara – a romantic favourite of ours, Thai dining in Palace Downtown with stunning Lake & Burj Khalifa views.
- Weslodge – All the Way Up New Year bash with 360-degree city views, JW Marriott Marquis.
- See our complete listing of restaurants with great Dubai Fountain views from both Dubai Mall and Souk Al Bahar, these will also offer you great ground-level views of the Burj Khalifa & the fireworks.
If you’d rather a cosy night in than a big night out this year, why not book yourself a hotel room with a spectacular view of Burj Khalifa?
If you’d prefer to skip the crowds altogther, you’ll find the live stream here mydubainewyear.emaar.com
Atlantis, The Palm
Legendary rock band KISS is set to put on one of the biggest live-stream concert events the world has seen.
To see it live in person, you’ll need to have a room booked at Atlantis the Palm as part of a 5-night package. Enjoy dinner at one of 6 incredible restaurants before watching the show from the balcony of your Palm View Room on The Royal Beach, Palm Jumeirah.
We understand there are a few last-minute resident tickets up for grabs too with restricted views.
If you want to live-stream the action at home, learn more at kiss2020goodbye.com
Burj Al Arab Fireworks New Year 2021
There are both free and paid options to get the best views of the Burj Al Arab fireworks.
You’ll be able to view them for free along Jumeirah Beach, Black Palace Beach or Kite Beach if you pack your own picnic and blanket – but be early as it’s likely when space is full they will be turning people away to avoid overcrowding.
Dining in, you can look for options not just within Burj Al Arab but at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and from restaurants at Souk Madinat Jumeirah.
Other fireworks in Dubai for New Year 2021
You call also look forward to displays at:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort – Al fresco dinner at Al Hahheerah with Middle Eastern classic dishes and live entertainment, culminating in a grand fireworks display in the desert.
- Dubai Festival City Mall – shows at 9:00 PM and midnight as well as the IMAGINE evening light and sound water shows, several waterfront restaurants are offering exclusive seating packages.
- Bvlgari Resort – Enjoy a gala Italian dinner followed by fireworks on their private beach in the Arabain Gulf.
- Emirates Golf Club – Tribute acts for Stevie Wonder & Rod Stewart will be playing with fireworks at midnight.
- JA The Resort – sitting to the west of the city, enjoy your own exclusive beachfront show as part of a 3-night package.
- The Pointe Palm Jumeirah – their regular evening fountain display will be happening all evening, plus fireworks at midnight in conjunction with Atlantis the Palm concert as above. A shuttle bus will run guests from Nakheel Mall to The Pointe to avoid congestion. You can also use the shuttle services to access the Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk, enjoy walking the outer frond of the Palm for free. Learn more at thepointe.ae
- Town Square Dubai – live performances all evening rounded out with a dazzling fireworks display. Learn more nshama.ae
Wherever you may be planning to head for your New Year’s Eve celebrations in Dubai, please be mindful of social distancing and the need to wear masks at all time in public places.
If you are looking at heading to Abu Dhabi for New Year’s Eve, you can check out a detailed events listing here. Just note at this stage there are still COVID-testing border crossing requirements from Dubai)
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner