2023 promises to be the biggest year yet for events and tourism in Dubai.
We’ve compiled for you here a list of all the key international sporting, music, and entertainment we know is coming to Dubai in 2023, plus the usual lineup of local cultural events and celebrations not-to-miss each month.
You may also want to check out our guides to:
- The best time of year to visit Dubai – weather and other religious events that may impact on your Dubai trip explained
- Dubai Public Holidays 2023 – plan your travels around known long weekends and national celebrations
- If you are heading to the capital, don’t miss our complete guide to Abu Dhabi events in 2023
We have included links where possible to platforms such as TicketMaster and Platinumlist, which are major ticket sellers in the UAE authorised to sell tickets for the mentioned events. We may earn an affiliate commission on qualifying purchases you make after clicking on these links. This does not change the price you pay.
Dubai Events January 2023
- The Dubai Shopping Festival continues throughout the month until 29 January 2023 – venues across the city. Don’t miss the nightly DSF Drone Light Show at Bliewater – 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM
- Cirque Du Soleil return to Dubai with one of their heart-stopping acrobatic shows, Ovo – January 11-18, 2023 – Coca-Cola Arena, City Walk
- Bringing live music, art exhibitions, dance shows and more – the Quoz Arts Festival returns January 28 & 29, 2023 – Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz
- Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament will take place fro 26 to 29 January 2023 – Emirates Golf Club
Dubai Events February 2023
- Taste of Dubai, Dubai’s largest culinary event, held February 3 to 5 2023 – Dubai Media City Amphitheatre
- Dubai DutyFree Tennis Championship – February 19 to March 4, 2023 – Dubai DutyFree Stadium
- Dubai Polo Gold Cup will take place from 11 February through until 4 March 20223 – Al Habtoor Polo
- Elrow XXL outdoor festival will take place on 18 February 2023 – Dubai Design District
- Valentine’s Day – Let’s not forget 14th February 2023 – Expect popular rooftop bars and romantic restaurant hotspots over the city to book out
Dubai Events March 2023
- Art Dubai – educational workshops through to incredible installations – March 3 to 5 2023 – Madinat Jumeirah
- Dubai Challenge Cup (Polo) will take place from 11 to 18 March 20223 – Al Habtoor Polo
- Holi Festivities for the Hindu community take place on the week surrounding 8 March 2023
- The city’s most glamorous black tie event of the year, The Grand Ball of Monte Carlo will take place on 17 March 2023 – Burj Al Arab
- McGettigan’s St. Patrick’s Festival presents The Script Live in Dubai on 18 March 2023 – Dubai Media City Amphitheatre
- An Evening With The Late John Cleese – 18 March 2023 – Dubai Opera
- The Holy Month of Ramadan will commence on or about 22 March 2023 and lasts approximately 29 days. Most live entertainment stops at this time.
- Non-Muslims should be aware of daylight fasting over Ramadan, but why not locally join in with an Iftar for breaking of the fast or overnight Suhoor to mark the occasion?
- Locally, many schools have a Spring term break from the end of March to early April, so look out for special term break camps and events that may be running.
Dubai Events April 2023
- Easter, although not formally marked as a holiday, is widely celebrated in the retail and hospitality industry (Easter Sunday, 9 April 2023)
- The end of Ramadan is marked by Eid-al Fitr celebrations across the city with special deals through to fireworks – est. 22-24 April 2023.
- Dubai Food Fest is the perfect post-Ramadan event for foodies with immersive experiences across the city – April 28 to May 7, 2023
- Westside Story – 25 to 30 April 2023 – Dubai Opera
Dubai Events May 2023
- Celebrating 100 Years of Wonder, catch Disney Princess – the Concert from 5 to 7 May – CocaCola Arena
- French music sensation Imany will be wowing crowds on May 3rd – Dubai Opera
- Pink Floyd lovers might want to add May 6th for a nostalgic tribute night – Dubai Opera
- May 14th sees a change in tone with Music from the Alps. Enjoy the talents of Swiss musicians Maria Solozobova and Christophe Berruex as they play a variety of classical tunes – Dubai Opera
- Julia Donaldson’s classic for children, ‘The Snail and the Whale,’ will hit the stage from May 12th until May 16th – Mall of the Emirates Theatre
- Dubai Comedy Fest – several venues across the city will host this annual event running from 12 to 21 May, 2023. Acts include Dara O Briain on the 15th of May and Jimmy Carr on May 16th, Stephen Frost on the 17th of May, as well as Jaspreet Singh on May 19th – various locations
- For an evening of more Arabian musical vibes, join Angham and Fouad Abdel Wahed on Saturday, May 20th – Coca Cola Arena
- Dubai Food Festival will be from the 21st of April until the 7th of May 2023; this includes Dubai Restaurant Week, Foodie Experiences, and Uncover a Hidden Gem.
- Catch the ultimate ABBA tribute act, Bjorn Again, on the 26th of May – Dubai Opera
- Peter Pan and Wendy will be skating their way through the desert on the ice from May 26th until May 28th – Mall of the Emirates Theatre
Dubai Events June 2023
- Eid Al Adha celebrations and public holidays – est 27 to 30 June 2023.
- Tribute to Adele on 9 June – QE2 Theatre
- Enjoy classical ballet with Sleeping Beauty 2 & 3 June 2023 – Dubai Opera
- The Story of Princess Aurora on 10 June – Dubai Opera
- Comedy fun with the Selfdrive Laughter Factory on 16 June – Dubai Opera
- Catch re-formed British Indie Band Razorlight on 2 June 2023 – Bla Bla Dubai’s The Tent
- Celebrated Khaleeji singer Shamma Hamadan will be live on stage 8 June 2023 – Coca-Cola Arena
- Enjoy Bollywood Magic with Mithoon and Friends live on 11 June – Coca-Cola Arena
- World Padel League from 8 to 11 June 2023 – Coca-Cola Arena
Dubai Events July 2023
- Locally most schools will break up for the months of July and August – when the local expat families head away, the tourists are still coming in!
- For a night of laughs, check out Parenting Hell on 3 July – Dubai Opera
- Hijri New Year (1 Muharram*) is expected to fall on 19 July 2023, with a public holiday likely observed on 21 July 2023
- Another great event from the Selfdrive Laughter Facotry “Leave Your Worries Outside” 21 & 22 July – Movenpick Hotel JBR
Dubai Events August 2023
- August lineup of events still to be confirmed for 2023
Dubai Events September 2023
- The Prophet Mohammed’s birthday will fall on approximately 27 September 2023 – not always marked as a public holiday
- Enjoy a night of comedy laughs with Joanne McNally on 2 September – The Agenda
- Get your little ones ready for Peppa Pig’s Adventure – 16 & 17 September 2023 – Coca-Cola Arena
- The full September lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2023
Dubai Events October 2023
- Westend stage spectacular Matilda comes to Dubai from 3 to 12 October 2023 – Dubai Opera
- Dubai Fitness Challenge is always a great way to work off those summer days spent inside – running October 28 through November 26, 2023; there’s always a huge variety of events to get involved with
- Scottish Singer-Song reiter Lewis Capaldi returns for his postponed event on 7 October 2023 – CocaCola Arena
- Halloween always makes a great family and friends event to enjoy across the city – 31 October 2023.
Dubai Events November 2023
- Bryan Adams live in concert with his “So Happy It Hurts” tour on 4 November – Coca-Cola Arena
- Diwali is always widely celebrated with the local expat community, so expect plenty of dancing and fireworks – 12 November 2023, with celebrations over the surrounding week.
- Thanksgiving is another international celebration that has firmly made its way into the regular events calendar for Dubai expats, enjoying gatherings with family and friends over turkey and cranberry sauce! – Thursday 23rd November 2023
Dubai Events December 2023
- Commemoration Day and National Day – fixed public holidays from 1 to 3 December with lots of celebratory events to be found across the country.
- Dubai Rugby 7s is one of the city’s most anticipated international sporting events of the year, bringing local and international sporting talent together from 1 to 4 December 2023 – Rugby 7’s Stadium
- Christmas – 25 December. Despite being a Muslim country, the occasion is widely marked, and you’ll find many festive celebrations occur across the city
- New Year’s Eve – one of the most exciting spots in the world to ring in the new year, with the Burj Khalifa taking centre stage and many fireworks displays across the city.
Ongoing Events Throughout The Year in Dubai
Some events are more regular, such as the best Sunday brunches in town – though they may take a break over the hottest summer months.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner