Hotel apartments in Dubai make perfect sense for families who like that little extra space to spread out; rooms with doors you can close once kids are asleep and a kitchen to save on meal costs are huge advantages in Dubai – especially if you’re travelling on a tighter budget.
We recommend you should search with popular hotel booking tools such as booking.com in addition to well-established private property rental platforms such as VRBO or Airbnb. Not all properties are listed on each search engone, so using several property search tools will help you to narrow down your choices whilst still getting the full range of options.
There are two primary types of family apartments short-term visitors to Dubai should look into:
- Hotel Apartments – larger suites and residences that sit within a hotel or resort complex. You will get the convenience of 24-hour hotel receptions and often a resort facility offering and restaurant options within the hotel complex, but all with your own apartment-style living. Daily housekeeping is usually included at no extra charge.
- Hiring an apartment – primarily we recommend looking through the likes of VRBO and Airbnb to source private rental apartments in Dubai. These can be much cheaper than hotel apartments, but many still come with building shared amenities such as swimming pools and gyms. You are likely to be given self-entry and free run over the use of the apartment though may have to pay extra for cleaning services.
Dubai property tax – be aware!
Note whatever type of apartment accommodation you choose in Dubai, all properties are subject to a “Tourism Dirham Fee” levied by the DTCM, which is levied per room. Apartments in this regard have a higher nightly fee than hotel rooms. The fee is 10 AED per BEDROOM per night and is collected separately from any hotel or rental fee you may have paid in advance online.
It will be collected by your hotel on arrival or at some point during your stay by the Airbnb host and paid directly to the government.
Best areas for families to stay in Dubai
Before we jump into the details of our favourite apartments in Dubai for families, first let’s take a little look at the layout of Dubai and the most popular areas to stay, as well as their relation to popular attractions across Dubai.
There are several great areas we recommend families to stay. The two most popular areas for apartment-style accommodation are:
- Dubai Marina & JBR – best if you are here for a beach resort stay and want the luxuries of the marina, beach and boat rides at your fingertips. You can also see our complete guide to Dubai Marina Hotels here and Dubai Marina Airbnb’s here.
- Downtown Dubai & Business Bay area – best if you are here for sightseeing or only have a short stopover and aren’t so fussed about the amenities of the beach – this areas is also closure to tourist hotspots around Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, the older parts of Dubai and Dubai Creek as well as the airport. You can see our complete guide to Downtown Dubai hotels here.
NB – for a period of time, Emaar, the developer of Downtown Dubai banned property owners from operating their properties as holiday rentals through Airbnb. This decision was since reversed; Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) has ruled that holiday home operators can continue to let their properties.
Best Family Hotel Apartments in Dubai
We have chosen our favourites based on those apartment hotels that we know offer that little something extra for families. We have selected those that come with a minimum of two bedrooms, include a kitchen, and access to other great extras including pools or attached to shopping malls:
As a Booking.com Partner, we earn a commission when you book through any of our affiliate links. We are no longer affiliates of Airbnb and make no commission should you book through our links.
Bedrooms: One, two and three-bedroom residences
We love it because: This prominent Dubai Marina hotel is one of our top choices for its aparthotel residences options in Dubai Marina. Overlooking the marina itself, you are on the beachside so have the sandy shores of The Beach JBR and the Arabain Gulf only minutes away while enjoying the best Dubai Marina has to offer.
The hotel itself is packed with 5* amenities you would expect from swimming pools to a spa. Residences include a kitchen, washing machine, dishwasher, and a full dining table and living room. You are close to Dubai Marina Mall for your shopping needs and The Walk, JBR. You are right outside a tram stop and only 700m from the closest Metro which can take you back to Downtown Dubai.
Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites
Bedrooms: One, two and three-bedroom
We love it because: A fabulous 4-star offering with spectacular marina and seas views – spacious one, two and three-bedroom options with combinations of king and twin beds perfect for families. The larger hotel apartments in Dubai Marriott Harbour hotel can fit up to 7 guests. The fully equipped kitchens include a dishwasher, washing machines, and all the amenities your family would need for a long vacation in Dubai.
Kids will enjoy the swimming pool, a 500m walk to Barasti Beach and 700m walk to Marina Beach. The hotel is also well placed to transport links including the Tram and Metro.
Doubletree by Hilton
Bedrooms: One, two and three-bedroom suites
We love it because: Situated at the western end of The Beach, JBR you are perfectly positioned here between The Walk, Dubai Marina and the new Bluewaters Island. Restaurants and entertainment are close at hand but also the convenience of your own fully equipped kitchen.
The apartments themselves offer spacious family living and most with beach views. Enjoy the large outdoor pool or your own stretch of the beach. Gastro Kitchen offers buffet breakfast if you prefer and enjoy poolside bites at Areia.
Best AirBnB Apartments in Dubai
Things to look for when choosing an AirBnB host for a Dubai Apartment
As in all countries, not all Airbnb hosts are created equal!
- Look for Superhosts and read the reviews carefully.
- AirBnB Plus properties deliver that little extra level of luxury and attention to detail.
- In most instances, due to room turnover, you cannot get access to the property until the allotted check-in time – a little less flexibility than you’d get from hotels.
- The landlord most likely won’t live on-site, so bear in mind you don’t have instant access to emergency repairs and the like as you would in a hotel apartment unless specified.
- Make sure your host has permission to run their property as an AirBnB – this should be stated in their listing. If not, do enquire with the host before finalising your booking.
Our favourite Dubai AirBnB apartments for families in Downtown Dubai
When looking for an Airbnb property in Dubai, we recommend these as some of our favourite family apartment picks in great locations:
Incredible Dubai Marina Duplex!
- Price Per Night: From $304USD
- Superhost: Yes
- AirBnB Plus: No
- Bedrooms: 5 (max 12 guests)
We love it because: A beautiful waterside duplex apartment, this has not only a stunning location in Trident Tower, Dubai Marina but also a fabulous internal layout. There’s flexibility with the rooms having a single, twin room, and double bedrooms. Enjoy a large rooftop terrace as part of your apartment and shared access to the building’s infinity pool. This is a true home away from home option where you won’t feel compromised on choosing an apartment over a hotel.
There are several bedroom configurations including singles, twins and doubles to suit different family sizes and ample living space. A true home away from home experience, the host can also help you This property is in the Trident Bayside building, Dubai Marina.
- Price Per Night: from
- Superhost: No
- AirBnB Plus: yes
- Bedrooms: 3 (max 6 guests)
We love it because: This incredibly
Luxe Beachfront with free 5* resort access
- Price Per Night: from $146 USD
- Superhost: Yes
- AirBnB Plus: No
- Bedrooms: 2 (max 5 guests)
We love it because: Situated in JBR Rimal Tower, this luxury 2-bed apartment property is like a home away from home. You will get sea, Marina and Dubai skyline views from the 18th floor, along with access to JBR pools, JBR gyms and JBR beach. Enjoy a King Size Bed & Twin beds. Guest staying 5 nights or longer get the additional resort access.
2 bedroom Apartment on Bluewaters Island
- Price Per Night: From $137 USD
- Superhost: Yes
- AirBnB Plus: No
- Bedrooms: 3 (sleeps up to 6)
We love it because: This fun and modern Dubai apartment property sits on the new Bluewater Island in Dubai. Offering pool and sea views, your family will have an outdoor balcony, plus access to the building’s gym and pool facilities. Coming with 3 bedrooms there’s plenty of space for the larger family, including a fun bunk bedroom with a secret entrance!
Bluewater is a great new entertainment district in Dubai with lots of new restaurants and entertainment venues, including the incredible new Ain Dubai and Madam Tussauds. Enjoy access to JBR and The Beach just 10 minutes away over a pedestrian bridge. Definitely worth considering Bluewaters as an up-and-coming alternative destination to enjoy Dubai.
Other types of family accommodation in Dubai
If you are still interested in exploring different types of family accommodation in Dubai, you may also be interested in:
- Dubai’s 12 most incredible family hotels
- Best Dubai family resorts offering slides & water park access
- Sensational family villas with Private Pool
TOP TIP: As many resorts include waterpark access within the price of your hotel room, we suggest spending 1-2 nights in Dubai at a luxury family resort, then transferring to a hotel apartment for the remainder of your stay. It does involve a little moving around, but will make for the best value if you love your waterparks!
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner