Love an evening of jaw-dropping stunts and entertainment? On the edge of your chair action has arrive in Dubai Festival Bay this autumn with the debut of “Fontana” water circus, presented by HAT Entertainment in partnership with Cirque du Liban.
What is Fontana?
Roll up, roll up! Good old-fashioned family entertainment under the big top has arrived in Dubai!
Forget cliche animal acts, this contemporary circus show combines amazing aerialists, thrilling tricks, dancers and the centrepiece Dancing Musical Fountain to deliver a breathtaking aquatic masterpiece in live entertainment.
The two-hour show is held in a traditional circus tent in Festival City. A blend of choreography, art and technology, Fontana is performed on a custom-designed aquatic stage; expect daring acrobatics to transform into mesmerising singing and thrilling tricks from motorcycle jumps to precision archery.
Although parts of the show are more geared to children (largely the clown acts), adults can still undoubtedly have an entertaining evening too.
Loud, vibrant and entertaining, you’ll undoubtedly find yourself holding your breath as the international cast of circus performers execute unimaginable stunts.
Want more Dubai entertainment ideas? Catch all the latest acts and event in Dubai this winter here
When and where can you catch the Fontana Show?
Fontana’s Dubai home will be at Dubai Festival City, where a special circus tent has been constructed adjacent to Lulu’s end of the mall. Parking is available behind the tent, as well as covered parking in the mall.
There will be eight Fontana shows per week in their initial schedule, with a performances to be held on:
- Wednesday & Thursday – 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Friday and Saturday – 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm & 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Sunday – 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Doors open an hour before but other than the snack concession stand, there’s not much to do inside so we recommend you come 15-20 minutes before show time to get snacks and loo breaks and take your seats (theatre doors open up to 30 minutes before the show starts).
The first act lasts about 1 hour, then a 15-minute intermission followed by the final 45 minutes of the show.
Presently tickets are on sale from 30 September to 30 October 2022.
How much is Fontana?
Tickets for Fontana are split into five ticket categories depending on your position within the arena.
- Gold and Silver are your prime viewing spots ringside for 300AED and 250AED per person, respectively, with tickets under 200 AED available for a higher grandstand seat (Red 180 AED, Blue 130 AED, Green 90 AED)
You will, of course, get the best close up views with Gold and Silver tickets, but your view is by no means obscured in the “cheap seats” – so you’ll be in for a treat no matter where you choose to sit.
- Purchase your tickets online in advance with Platinumlist here.
All attendees 2 years and above (infants not permitted) must hold a valid ticket; there is no differential pricing for children’s tickets, its all arranged by tiered seating, and seats are automatically allocated within that pricing category.
Do you get wet during the show?
We know some little kids love this whilst others hate it! From what we saw, no, you shouldn’t get wet; the water from the show projects straight up, not out, and the front row is not required to wear raincoats as we’ve seen in other water shows; do be aware they may get squirted by the clowns though.
Other key facts you’ll want to know about Fontana
- The minimum age to attend is 2 years+ (though we noted plenty of babies in the audience – do note, loud sounds and flashing lights if taking youngsters could scare them)
- No cameras or filming permitted during the show (yet no one is stopping you – everyone seemed to be filming and photographing during the premiere)
- Face masks are no longer mandatory in the UAE, but you may still want to wear one in a crowd
- Only food purchased at the concessions can be brought into the Grandstand
- The big top is airconditioned to a comfortable temperature, but knowing Dubai, bring a wrap or cardigan to wrap up if it gets too chilly inside
Where to stay near Fontana
What we love about the location is the wide range of accommodation and dining options on hand at Festival City, so you can make a real night of it with a show, dinner and stay, all within very easy walking distance.
A couple of great hotel choices to stay at Dubai Festival City include:
Undoubtedly a superb addition to Dubai’s family entertainment lineup this autumn/winter.
Make sure you are still around Dubai Festival City after the show and catch another light and sound spectacular IMAGINE, which takes place in Festival Bay every night on the hour.
Vibes by the Bay is another addition to the Dubai Festival City lineup for winter 2022/23; you’ll find plenty of outdoor stalls and entertainment nightly from October 2022 to May 2023.
More evening entertainment ideas In Dubai
If live shows and entertainment are in your Dubai plans, you may also want to check out:
- Our complete guide to things to do in Dubai at Night
- Catch the fountain shows that take place every night in two grand locations, the Downtown Dubai Fountains & Burj Khalifa light show, and on Palm Jumeirah, there is a further fountain show that takes place nightly between The Pointe and Atlantis
- A review of La Perle at Habtoor City – another breathtaking live entertainment experience in Dubai with a permanent indoor theatre set-up
- Continue the party until late; these are the best nightclubbing venues in Dubai for whatever your taste in entertainment.
Images supplied by HAT entertainment. We received complimentary media access to the show.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner