One of the most magical ways to experience Burj Khalifa is to see the shimmering lights of Dubai transform from day into night from the highest man-made vantage point in the world. Watch the sun disappear over the horizon and the glimmering transformation of the city.
In this guide to Burj Khalifa at night, we’ll explain the difference between sunset and evening tickets and all the different ways you can experience the magic of the Burj Khalifa after dark.
Burj Khalifa at Sunset
There is an important differentiation to make between capturing the Burj Khalifa at sunset, and after dark. Sunset is the most prized time to ascend the tallest man-made structure in the world and experience the world’s highest observation decks.
At the Top – the Burj Khalifa’s main observation deck – spans Levels 124 & 125 and includes an outdoor viewing deck and 360-degree city views. It’s the most popular and cheapest way to see the city from above. You may also add on a premium experience of At The Top SKY which includes a VIP visit to Level 148, putting you an incredible 555 metres above ground level!
You will pay premium pricing for tickets timed between 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm as this is when you can catch the magnificent hues of golden hour descending over the city and also experience the night lights.
Evening tickets – timed after the sunset and through until closing time – you will only get to experience the night lights by the time you’ve ascending the tower. For this reason, they can be significantly cheaper than the premium sunset slots, though nonetheless, you’ll get the same amount of time to enjoy the experience just a slightly more limited night view.
Ticket Pricing for Burj Khalifa at Night
Level 124/125 General Admission (no skip the line, timed slots, currently capped at 50 visitors on the deck at one time so queuing may be expected):
- Peak – sunset tickets (4:00 PM to 6:30 PM slots) 229 AED Adult / 137 AED Child
- Off-Peak – (7:00 PM slot until close) 154 AED Adult / 119 AED Child
Premium Experience tickets (Level 124/125 & 148 with skip the line), no child discount:
- Peak – sunset ticket (12:00 PM to 6:00 PM) 533 AED
- Off-peak the price drops from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM to 379 AED
- Tickets are required for all visitors age 4 years and older.
- People of Determination are free
- Kids under 12 are entitled to discounted tickets but there are no student or seniors discounts available.
Booking with licensed ticket resellers like Get Your Guide who we recommend, you can cancel up to 9:00 PM the night before if your circumstances change.
Burj Khalifa At The Top opening Hours
- Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Thursday to Saturday 10:00 AM to midnight
- At the Top SKY (Level 148) 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
When Does the Sun Actually Set in Dubai?
Of course, the key to paying for more your sunset ticket is to ensure you can capture that golden hour light and watch the transition from day to night.
We recommend always book your ticket for AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE SUNSET. Even with a timed slot ticket, unless you have a premium experience package, you still need to line up; only 50 people at a time are presently allowed on the sky deck so even with fewer tickets being sold, you’ll still need to queue and wait your turn in the lift to ascent to At The Top for sunset.
Allowing yourself a full hour should be enough time to collect tickets, get up the lifts, grab some stunning snaps during golden hour and admire the twinkling skyline. All up, your experience will take 1.5 to 2 hours depending on queues.
So before booking a sunset slot, it’s important to understand when the sun actually sets. The sunset time doesn’t vastly vary between summer and winter in Dubai but there are some subtle timing differences. This is when we recommend you book your ticket for different times of the year:
|Month||Sunset in Dubai||Optimal Time Slot|
|January||5:40 to 6:02 PM||4:00 PM|
|February||6:03 to 6:20 PM||4:30 PM|
|March||6:20 to 6:35 PM||4:30 PM|
|April||6:35 to 6:48 PM||5:00 PM|
|May||6:49 to 7:04 PM||5:30 PM|
|June||7:05 to 7:13 PM||5:30 PM|
|July||7:13 to 7:04 PM||5:30 PM|
|August||7:04 to 6:38 PM||5:00 PM|
|September||7:37 to 6:06 PM||5:00 PM|
|October||6:05 to 5:38 PM||4:30 PM|
|November||5:38 to 5:28 PM||4:00 PM|
|December||5:28 to 5:40 PM||4:00 PM|
NB: Premium times correct as at June 2021. The premium time slots usually jump back an hour in winter.
Combined Ticket Offers for Burj Khalifa at Night
You can make a great saving by combining your Burj Khalifa with other top Dubai attractions. Why not try:
- Burj Khalifa & Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
- Visit Level 124 followed by dinner at The Burj Club
- Visit the Burj Khalifa as part of a night city tour
- Enjoy a Dubai by Night small tour combined with entry to Burj Khalifa At The Top
Burj Khalifa is also available as part of the Dubai Pass. We have a detailed review here of how the Dubai Pass works and how to get the best value-for-money Dubai Pass to suit your needs.
Other Ways to Experience the Burj Khalifa at Night
There are plenty of ways to enjoy the Burj Khalifa after dark. Rather than paying to visit the observation deck with the crowds, why not try:
Dine at one of Dubai’s most exclusive restaurants situated on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. At.Mosphere runs packaged dinings programs throughout the day with an al la carte dinner menu, as well as a late-night Al la carte menu served in the lounge:
- Evening Restaurant timings: 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
- Evening Lounge timings: 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Another option at even greater heights is to visit The Lounge Bubbly Sunset Experience. Enjoy a glass of house beverage and canapes spread over Levels 152 to 154.
Held from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM these premium tickets are priced at 749 AED for one of the most incredible “once in a lifetime” experiences (looking at you honeymooners!). Book early if you are looking at prime dates such as Eid holidays or the Christmas to New Year period.
Dubai Fountains & Burj Khalifa light show.
If heights aren’t your thing, or you don’t want the entry price for At The Top to burn your whole Dubai budget, then you can also try:
- Watching the nightly LED Burj Khalifa light show from Dubai Mall & Downtown promenade during the fountain show
- Grabbing a meal at one of the Downtown Dubai restaurants that surround Burj Lake to see the fountain show and Burj Khalifa light show at night
- Take a traditional boat out onto the lake during the evening fountain show
- Hire one of the kayaks, water bikes or pedal boats on Burj Lake just before sunset
Alternatively, in the cooler months pick a rooftop restaurant or bar that’s slightly further away from Downtown so you can admire the Burj Khalifa twinkling at night with a better range of angle. We suggest our favourite rooftop bars in Dubai with the best views here.
Looking for more things to do in Dubai at Night? We have a super detailed guide here to all the fun things that happen after dark in Dubai – it’s a city that almost never sleeps!
Getting to the Burj Khalifa at Night
One thing is for sure, at 829m it’s pretty hard to miss the Burj Khalifa! Situated immediate adjacent to the Dubai Mall, with the observation deck entrance in the Dubai Mall basement, you can be sure every taxi driver knows how to find it!! Arrive in plenty of time to navigate around the mall and collect your tickets before queuing for the lifts.
You can also take the Red Line Metro to the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall stop, then it’s approximately a 10-minute walk (via the airconditioned travellator!) to the Mall. Allow another 5 minutes to find the basement level entrance.
There is a taxi rank in Dubai Mall to take you home after your night out at the Burj Khalifa.
Burj Khalifa Cost Per Night
Want to actually stay in the hotel? There is only one hotel in the Burj Khalifa if you’re looking to stay overnight at the Armani Hotel Dubai. One of Dubai’s most exclusive and luxurious addresses doesn’t come cheap though, so budget ahead if you are expecting an overnight experience at the Burj Khalifa.
There are several nearby hotel options if you would like to stay somewhere with a spectacular view of the Burj Khalifa without the hefty price of actually sleeping IN the Burj! These are our pick of the top 10 hotels nearby, or check out nearby options on Booking and VRBO:
Catching sunset and night descend over the city of Dubai is certainly one of the most unique experiences in the world worthy of the premium price tag. If you are seeking out something truly special in Dubai, don’t miss the Burj Khalifa at night.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner