Looking to sweep your lover off their feet? There’s no better setting for it than a romantic weekend away in Dubai. Whether you are looking for a staycation or flying in for a cheeky long weekend, you will find plentiful, utterly romantic ideas to impress in Dubai.
The best thing about a romantic weekend in Dubai is you get a 2.5-day weekend!
Given that the city is brimming with romantic locations, how do you combine it and create the perfect romantic weekend? We’ve put together for you here a great list of suggestions to fill your days.
Note some of our suggestions are seasonal! Due to extreme summer temperatures in Dubai, you’ll need to move some of our suggestions indoors from late May to September.
Romantic Hotels in Dubai
The backbone of your romantic weekend in Dubai is selecting the perfect hotel for the occasion!
Dubai has an abundance of beautiful luxury hotels to spoil your loved one – you could easily lock yourself in a fabulous villa room with a private pool for the whole weekend, but there’s too much to explore in Dubai to do just this!
Some top recommended romantic hotels and resorts in Dubai include:
- One&Only The Palm – Simply stunning throughout, private pool rooms are an option or suites will not disappoint.
- Underwater suites at Atlantis the Palm – if you’re seeking something utterly lavish and unique, these rooms give you your own private aquarium show from your bed!
- The beautiful Jumeirah hotels complex has a huge range of options in a lush and luxurious traditional Arabic setting. For couples, we’d recommend Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf, with butler service, no less!
For a special touch, it’s easy to get flower delivery in Dubai, you could have a special bunch delivered to your hotel room ready to surprise your lover on arrival.
Your Dubai Romantic Weekend Itinerary
Let’s wow your lover on Friday afternoon with some romantic skyline views to kick off your weekend. Whilst one of our top picks Ain Dubai observation wheel, sadly remains closed, you can still grab a beautiful bubbly sundowner at some of these sky-high locations:
- Mercury Lounge Four Seasons – although not one of the highest views in the city, it makes up for this by spoiling guests with both ocean and downtown views for the perfect ambiance.
- At.mosphere – cocktails at the tallest building in the world surely cannot disappoint. Evening lounge hours start from 5:30 pm on Level 122.
- Vault – atop the JW Marriott Marquis commands one of the city’s best skyline views from floors 71 and 72.
Friday night is when the city lets its hair down at the end of the week. If you want to avoid the party crowd and head for some romantic dining instead, we recommend you get a table booked at:
- Thiptara – Found in Palace Downtown, this is where you’ll get some of the finest Thai dining in the city and the best seats in town to the nightly Dubai Fountain show.
- Ossiano – Head under the sea, well not quite, but enjoy underwater dining at Altantis while overlooking the incredible Lost Chambers Aquarium (Bonus Tip: If you’re looking to propose in Dubai, a diver can deliver your message through the tank!)
If you’re not ready to head straight back to that hotel room, why not book for one of the last abras of the evening on the Burj Lake, below the Burj Khalifa? You’ll get front-row seats to the fountains and the incredible twinkling Downtown Dubai skyline surrounding you.
Morning – Ready to start the day outside? Head to Dubai’s Miracle Garden for the picture-perfect setting with your partner. Millions of blooms await with plentiful floral archways and stunningly crafted displays for the insta-perfect way to capture your romantic weekend in Dubai.
For lunch, head to the waterfront area of Al Seef. In the area of town where “old meets new”, you’ll find a wide variety of waterfront restaurants here, from traditional Emirati cuisine to vegetarian choices. There’s also some great Lebanese and Syrian-inspired dining, and not to mention finishing things off with a sweet Belgium treat.
Stay a while and enjoy the new souks built in traditional architecture. You can wander further along the creek to the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, perhaps enjoy an afternoon tea at Arabian Tea House, or take an abra across Dubai Creek.
Saturday Evening – Let’s head to the popular waterfront area of the city, Dubai Marina. From here, you can join a romantic evening dinner cruise. Alternatively, charterer your own yacht (with a skipper!) if you want some privacy as you sail into the Arabian Gulf sunset.
If you’ve got some party left in you, head to Pier 7 for late evening entertainment in Dubai Marina.
Let’s start with a lazy morning in your hotel. Grab a lavish breakfast buffet and some fluffy robes while you soak in some rays, then book yourselves in for a couples spa. If not available at your hotel, some perfect spots to try include:
- Talise Ottoman Spa at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray – Couples can book a private suite here, enjoy the Thalassotherapy pool, or the Turkish Hamman
- Amara Spa at Park Hyatt – offer a great 90 minutes couple massage
- SenseAsia Stories Spa at Kempinski – offering couples suites for the perfectly tailored romantic spa experience
Lunch – What could be more romantic than taking your partner to a 7-star hotel for lunch? Book yourself a window-side seat at Burj Al Arab to truly impress your lover, and the perfect way to start wrapping up your romantic weekend.
More you could add to your romantic weekend in Dubai
These ideas are already going to see you with a packed weekend in Dubai, but some extra little touches you could think about or extreme experiences to add:
- Why not hire a luxury sports car for the weekend? Ride in style and turn heads at your arrival with a Lamborghini or a Porsche for that extra romantic thrill
- Not afraid of heights? One of the best ways to spoil yourselves in Dubai is to take a helicopter ride over the city.
- Prepared to ditch the lazy Sunday sleep-in? Early risers can be rewarded with a hot air balloon ride over the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
Whether you’re planning a honeymoon in Dubai, a special birthday or an anniversary, your options in Dubai are pretty much endless, in fact, we’d argue you’d be hard-pressed to find any city in the world more capable of pulling off the perfect romantic weekend!
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Dubai Go City Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner