On 17 May 2021, Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management updated the precautionary measures for events and activities in Dubai on a one-month extendable trial basis.
Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management announces updated precautionary measures for events and activities. pic.twitter.com/XcUu0OpJbT— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) May 17, 2021
The latest news from Dubai Media Office is encouraging for Dubai’s tourism and hospitality industry with the following being announced:
- Hotels can return to 100% capacity (previously capped at 70%).
- Restaurants can seat 10 per table.
- Coffee shops and shisha cafes can have 6 per table.
- Bars will be permitted to reopen, provided all customers and staff have received the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Live entertainment will be allowed in restaurants, cafes and malls, this includes the return of brunches.
- Permits to be given for concerts, social and institutional events on the condition that attendees and participants have been vaccinated.
- Community sports events are allowed and spectators can attend provided all attendees, participants and staff have received the COVID-19 vaccine, capacity at these vents must not exceed 70%.
- Maximum attendance at indoor events 1,500 whilst outdoor events is 2,500.
- Wedding events are allowed with a maximum attendance capped at 100 for venues/hotels; attendees and staff must be vaccinated.
Observing social distancing of 2 metres and the wearing of face masks continues to be mandatory.
Encouraging news for the return to dining and entertainment that Dubai is known for.
- You can find our complete guide to the best bars and dining in Dubai here.
- See latest entry rules for tourists to Dubai here
- Find border crossing rules into neighbouring Abu Dhabi here