Looking to day trip down to Abu Dhabi for the fabulous theme parks of Yas Island?
Although in an entirely different city, the Yas Island theme parks in Abu Dhabi are surprisingly easy to access from Dubai. Yas Island sits on the eastern outskirts of Abu Dhabi, making it one of the first Abu Dhabi destinations you reach from Dubai.
- What are the Yas Island Theme Parks?
- Dubai to Yas Island FREE Shuttle
- Dubai to Yas Island private transfers
- Dubai to Yas Island Bus
- Dubai to Yas Island Taxi Fare
- Self-drive Dubai to Yas Island
- Transfers from DXB Dubai Airport to Yas Island
- Transport on Yas Island
- Yas Island to Dubai
- Want to stay over on Yas Island?
What are the Yas Island Theme Parks?
Currently there are 3 major theme parks that make up the Yas Island experience, these are:
- Ferrari World (open daily 11:00 am to 8:00 pm)
- Yas Waterworld (open daily 10:00 am to 7:00 pm)
- Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi (open daily 10:00 am to 8:00 pm)
Our detailed guide on what to expect and experience at each of these theme parks coming soon!
Dubai to Yas Island FREE Shuttle
When you book your tickets to any of the Yas Theme Parks you can take advantage of the FREE shuttle bus service from Dubai.
The buses leaves once a day for Yas Waterworld & Warner Bros World and twice a day to Ferrari World (but you can then take the Yas Express bus on the island to the other theme parks, or if it’s not too hot, walk).
The journey from Dubai to Yas Island takes 50 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes depending on your departure point. One convenience stop is made en route at a petrol station. It drops customers to Ferrari World first, then 5 minutes later to Yas Waterworld/Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi.
There are five shuttle bus pick up destinations in Dubai at 9.30am daily (arrival time in AD):
- Dubai Marina Mall Rayna Tours Bus Stop (arrives 10:50 am)
- Mall of the Emirates Ground Floor Entrance D (arrives 10:55 am)
- Dubai Mall Rayna Tours Bus Stop (11:30 am)
- Deira City Centre Big Bus Tours service area (11:20 am)
- Burjumman Mall City Seasons Hotel (11:40 am
A second bus then leaves at 11:30am, drop off times 2 hours after those mentioned above at Fer5rari World only.
Note that at present border restrictions between Dubai and Abu Dhabi emirate mean this shuttle service cannot run until further advisedAugust 2020
Buying your Yas Island theme park tickets
You can purchase your Yas Theme park tickets in advance, which will include the shuttle entry via ticketing services such as Get Your Guide:
- Get Your Guide tickets to Yas Waterworld
- Get Your Guide tickets to Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
- Get Your Guide tickets to Ferrari World
Dubai to Yas Island private transfers
If the timings do not work for you on the Yas Island Shuttle buses, you may prefer to arrange your own transfers, these are shared transfer options:
If you prefer the flexibility of timing for your own private group, then check out this paid private transfer option that you can arrange door-to-door from your Dubai accommodation to the Yas Island theme parks – including entry ticket:
Dubai to Yas Island Bus
You can choose to make your own way to Abu Dhabi from Dubai by Intercity Bus, then onwards to the Yas Island theme parks. It’s not the most direct of routes and takes a long time.
There is a reasonable public transport system in Abu Dhabi, albeit as a smaller city nowhere near as comprehensive as Dubai. We explain here exactly how to take the public bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi central bus station.
- From Abu Dhabi Bus station, you then need to catch a local bus service to Yas Island
- Local bus A19 leaves once an hour to Ferrari World/Yas Mall, via Saadiyat Island
Your Intercity bus to Abu Dhabi will cost 25 AED, plus local bus fare 6 AED.
Dubai to Yas Island Taxi Fare
If you take a metered taxi from Dubai to Yas Island you will likely pay:
- From Downtown Dubai 200AED ($55 USD)
- From Dubai Airport 230 AED ($63 USD)
- From JBR/Dubai Marina area 170AED ($46USD)
Taxis from Dubai are allowed to cross into Abu Dhabi Emirate without issue. In a few limited cases, we have heard of taxies seeking to pull over at the first ADNOC petrol station after the border to ask a local Abu Dhabi taxi to complete the fare through to Yas Island. This is because the Dubai taxi is not supposed to pick up a new fare from within Abu Dhabi. The only difference being you would lose a few minutes and have to pay a further flagfall fare for the Abu Dhabi taxi, though in the scheme of things the cost is negligible.
Self-drive Dubai to Yas Island
If you have access to car or wish to rent a car, you can easily self drive to Yas Island:
- From Dubai take the E11 Highway (Sheikh Zayed Road)
- Stay left at Al Shahama for the E10, signposted to Abu Dhabi
- Take the Yas Island East Exit for the E12 (also marked ‘Yas Leisure Drive‘)
- Follow the blue signs that say ‘Yas Leisure Drive‘ until you reach brown tourist signs. Follow each to your final destination – each theme park has it’s own free car parking.
Transfers from DXB Dubai Airport to Yas Island
There is no direct transfer service that runs from DXB to Yas Island, you would need to:
- Get yourself from DXB to one of the pickup locations described above for the free shuttle
- Pay for a taxi door to door
- Arrange a private transfer driver
Transport on Yas Island
Once you are on Yas Island, there is the Yas Express which runs between the theme parks, Yas Plaza hotels, the Yas Marina Circuit and the Yas Marina bars and entertainment area.
You can also catch taxies within the island, but bare in mind minimum fares you will pay a 12 AED flat rate.
Yas Island to Dubai
Returning to Dubai from Yas Island, you can take the same free shuttle service back, with you ticket as evidence you have been to the parks.
There is ONE evening return service that leaves from:
- (Sat to Wed) Ferrari World 7:30 pm, Yas Waterworld/Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi 7:35 pm
- (Thu & Fri) Ferrari World 8:30 pm, Yas Waterworld/Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi 8:35 pm
If this does not fit your timings, however, then you may need to look at taking a taxi back to Dubai from Yas Island. They are available from in front of all three venues and will take you door to door.
Want to stay over on Yas Island?
There is plenty to keep you busy on Yas Island for a full two days so it’s a great idea to turn it into an overnighter from Dubai. The Yas Plaza hotels actually offer excellent theme park ticket-inclusive deals which would be another great alternative to consider.
Alternative, consider deals on these central Abu Dhabi hotels if you are looking to continue on and do some Abu Dhabi sight seeing:
Before you go…. more need to know information planning your trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai.
Please note: information on shuttle services sourced from Farah Experiences and correct at the time of writing. Please always check departure times and availability of service before travelling. This page contains affiliate links to 3rd party ticketing services that we recommend and may earn us a small commission if a purchase is made based on our advice – thank you.