A curious addition to Dubai’s extensive museum line up is the Museum of Illusions, based in the Al Seef Creekside area of Dubai.
This fun and quirky addition to Dubai’s museum line up is packed full of 80+ interactive exhibits to trick your minds, challenge your senses, fuel your imagination, educate you and thoroughly confuse you as nothing is what it seems.
You’re led through a series of rooms, each with a different trick of the eye or twist to fool your brain that not everything is as it appears! A fun sensory and educational journey with plenty to photograph.
Some of the most popular attractions inside the Museum of Illusions Dubai include:
- The Vortex Tunnel – a rotating cylindrical tunnel that sways and shakes, can you keep your balance?
- The Ames Room – one of you is tiny and the other a giant, but how do they do it?
- The Anti-gravity room – how do they make you all look upside down? This is an insta-favourite!
- The Chair of Illusion – one big one little, an oldie but a goldie!
Friendly staff are on hand to help you capture some of those trickier camera shots and suggest fun ways to enhance your experience. It’s not just kids who’ll get a fun laugh out of it!
You can finish your journey around the 450 sq meter museum at the gift shop, perfect for those who love logic problems! Lots of wooden puzzles and brain teasers to take home of they make perfect gifts.
Museum of Illusions Dubai Tickets
You can buy the tickets at the door, via their agent Platinum List, or we have found them slightly cheaper at Get Your Guide online ticketing service (which then gives you a money-back guarantee if you need to cancel)
Door prices for Museum of illusions Dubai:
- Adults 65 AED
- Children 50 AED
- Family 200 AED
It also comes as an attraction on the Dubai Pass – Learn more here.
Museum of Illusions Dubai Timings
Sunday to Thursday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday + Public Holidays: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
COVID Measures – note there are safety measures in place including the use of face masks, social distancing and a temperature check on entry. Due to the hands-on nature of many of the exhibits, there are several disinfecting stations. Total numbers in the museum will be limited at this time and max groups of 5 and slightly reduced open hours.
Where to find the Museum of Illusions Dubai
Al Seef Heritage Area, Building 3-17-1, Dubai Creek, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Parking in the Al Seef complex). Nearest Metro Al Fahidi or include as part of your trip around Dubai Creek and use the Al Fahidi Marine Transport Station.
Enquiries to (04) 357 3999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at museumofillusions.ae
If you want more ideas on ways to escape the heat Dubai then check out this guide to 50+ Indoor Activities in Dubai, or if you’re looking for more ways to keep the kids entertained we have 80+ Family-Friendly Things to do in DubaiDubai Travel Planner
The Museum of Illusions Dubai is a fun way to spend an hour or so out of the heat – but be warned even with 80 exhibits, it is kinda small – pace yourself but should only really need to allow 45 minutes to an hour to cover it all (especially as numbers are currently limited).
Pack your camera and some fun ideas for some Insta-moments, then continue your journey around the fun and unique old-meets-new waterfront precinct of Al Seef.
Stay nearby to the Museum of Illusions Dubai
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner