The exciting occasion of Eid Al Fitr (Eid ul-Fitr) is nearly upon us again, with the Holy Month of Ramadan expected to end (subject to moon sighting) on the evening of 20 April 2023.
21 April – or 1 Shawwal 1443 in the Hijri (Islamic) calendar – sees the start of several days of celebrations for the Muslim community around the world as they end their daytime fasting. Prayers take place, along with Zakat (charity) and the giving of gifts (including Eidi) amongst friends and family.
As well as being a joyous celebration, it’s a time of year when many businesses close for extended public holidays.
2023 Eid Holiday Dates in Dubai
For the Government and private sector in the UAE and schools, Eid ul-Fitr in 2023 will result in many getting a 4 or 5-day holiday!! (Starting Wednesday afternoon, 19 April, all the way through to possibly Monday, 24 April 2023).
Public and Private sector employees have already been advised of the upcoming 4-day break by a Government announcement; the Monday will depend if the moon sighting committee declares Shawwal 1 on Friday or Saturday.
(Fear not if you are upset you didn’t get the surprise 9 days off we got in 2022; Eid al-Adha and Arafat day due end of June will fall likely Tuesday to Friday, we are ever-hopefully we’ll get our 9 days off then!!)
Regardless of how many days are officially public holidays, one thing is for sure. It’s gonna be busy, busy, busy in Dubai over Eid. We mean super busy.
Airports will be at capacity as many travellers flock both away from the Emirates for a short escape and into the Emirates to enjoy the very best of what Dubai has to offer.
Holiday Deals in Dubai over Eid
One thing is for sure, if you’re only looking for Eid deals in Dubai this week, you’ve probably left it too late!
We are seeing so many travellers asking since the holiday announcement for “great value Eid deals”; the bottom line is, this is when the tourism industry has their prices at their highest; hotels are the most crowded, and sightseeing and attractions at their busiest. It’s a simple case of supply and demand.
“Deals” per se, will simply be hard, if not impossible, to come by over the Dubai Eid Holiday.
In fact, even many existing “deals” in Dubai are null and void over public holidays such as Eid.
That said if you’re willing to budget a lot more than usual and don’t mind tackling the crowds, where should you visit in Dubai this April?
Dubai Hotels & Attractions to Try Over Eid
No promises any of these will still have availability, but we’re still seeing promotions this week for:
Centara Mirage Beach Resort – Perfect for families, the new Thai all-inclusive offering is found on Deira Islands. Facilities include lagoon pools and a lazy river kid’s splash area, waterslides and a cliff jump platform, a ropes course, and of course kid kid-friendly dining. You’re looking at around 2,000AED per night, but remember, this is all-inclusive.
The Oberoi Beach Resort, Al Zorah – Situated in Ajman, just 25 minutes from Dubai International Airport, is a fabulous and relatively unknown beachfront escape in the UAE, away from the crowds of Dubai. The Oberoi Beach Resort Al Zorah offers that perfect blend of relaxation and activities. There are private villas with their own pool, and you can enjoy the Oberoi Spa or water sports activities along the white sandy beach.
Be warned, in addition to advertised headline prices for hotels and resorts, you have tourism taxes and municipality charges to add on. We discuss exactly what Dubai tourist taxes to expect over here.
Tip for tackling DXB Airport over Eid
Come early and still be prepared to wait! Even with all checkouts and bag drops open at DXB, you’ll find even the road approaching the airport becomes log jammed with traffic; taxies and chauffeurs desperately trying to get their clients to the airport on time when the wide-open freeways narrow to just a few lanes; it can be chaos.
We highly recommend if you are flying over Eid:
- If possible, take the Metro instead of driving to DXB to avoid congestion and prevent being late for your flight.
- Try and use the Dubz Bag Check-in home collection service in advance of your flight so you do not need to tackle the baggage drop. Investing in Fast Track could also alleviate more of your airport stress.
- Expect the executive airport lounges at DXB could be full; even if your ticket or credit card entitles you to a seat, they’ll close the doors when they’re at capacity. Some come with a pre-flight alternative plan if you usually hunker down in an exec lounge at DXB.
- Find our guide to things to do at DXB airport here so you plan your airport downtime in advance.
- Landing into DXB? Avoid the queues for a taxi and book yourself a Welcome Pickup door-to-door driver service who’ll be waiting there for you at the airport to complete your transfer.
Sorry, we cannot wave a magic wand for an amazing value family getaway this Eid. The moral of the story – start looking now for April 2024.
Eid-al Fitr will all approximately 11 to 14 April 2024. Easter will fall 31 March 2024. Anything between these dates will be exceptionally busy in Dubai. Try and lock in your rate early for next year!Good luck and Eid Mubarak
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Take me back to the Best Dubai travel advice
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner