What to expect when visiting Dubai in December
As Dubai slips gracefully into a mild winter, December has historically ranged from highs of 28°C/82.4°F at the start of the month through to 25°C/77°F at the end of December.
Dubai’s average day time temperature in December is 26°C/78.8°F.
Days are typically clear and sunny but there is a small chance of rain and thunderstorms – 8 hours a day of sunshine a day is forecast.
Overnight in the city, you can expect the temperature to lower between 18°C/64°F to 15°C/59°F. If you are heading into the desert, this can be a little cooler overnight.
Dubai Sea Temperature in December
In December you should expect sea temperatures on average of 25.6°C/78°F (Maximum sea temperatures are expected of 28.5°C/83.3°F through to a minimum of 23.8°C/74.9°F).
For more on what’s happening in Dubai in December, check out this page.
Other weather patterns that are common in Dubai in December
Fog can roll in which at times can cause chaos with transport. It’s not a regular occurrence but always something to be mindful of.
It’s not unusual to experience winter rain showers in December – 20mm falls in December on average. Packing an umbrella is probably an unnecessary extra item of luggage. If you’re unfortunate enough to be caught in the rain you may be able to borrow one from your hotel, sit it out to the rain stops or buy one!
Information sourced from the UAE National Centre of Meteorology climate report 2003-2018 for Dubai International Airport.
What should I pack for December in Dubai?
It’s probably going to get cool enough in the evenings that you can pack longer jeans/trousers and bring some sort of pullover, especially if you plan a trip into the desert.
You can read more about what to pack in December for Dubai here.
Before you go… More important things you should know when planning a trip to Dubai
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack, and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws, and customs to be aware of.
- Check out this incredible list of 150+ places you should visit when you’re in Dubai.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass from iVenture or a Go City Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our recommendation links.Dubai Travel Planner