Looking to get a taste of Dubai from your living room?
The great news even before you set off on your Dubai trip – or if you are still searching for inspiration on where to stay and what to do in Dubai – you can capture it all online these days!
Our top recommended starting point is a virtual tour of Dubai is with Dubai 360.com by Dubai Tourism.
Here you can take a birds-eye view over the city from the famous Palm Jumeirah to the highest skyscrapers, even experience the vast extent of the cities outskirts and into the desert beyond, through still imagery.
To get some great perspectives of the city check out:
- Burj Khalifa Pinnacle – what better view than the tallest tower in the World
- Kite Beach – keep clicking to see all the way along Dubai’s extensive beach frontage to the Arabin Gulf
- Burj Al Arab Helipad – what can you see from atop if the world’s “7-star” hotel?
- Ariel view of Palm Jumeriah – the incredible man-made structure for luxurious beachfront living
- Princess Tower JBR “Dream Jump” – great view over the skyscrapers of Dubai Marina & JBR
- Dubai Mall Ice Rink – tour around inside all of Dubai Mall’s major attractions
Dubai Media Office in March 2020 launched six fully-immersive online museum experiences so you can see exhibits inside these cultural gems of Dubai. Most tourists may already be familiar with the Dubai Museum, but don’t miss:
- Al Naif Museum, showing you the history of the Dubai Police. Situated in an old fort in Deira, the building once served as Dubai’s police headquarters and prison.
- Jumeirah’s Etihad Museum showcases the UAE’s history and heritage across society, politics, military, cultural and scientific history.
- SIKKA historic building in the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, get lost in the maze of little streets!
- Museum of the Poet Al Oqaili in Deira, near the Dubai Gold Souk.
- Majlis Ghorfat Umm Al Sheif – established in 1955 as the summer resort home of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, self-tour through the classic simplicity of this majestic home in Jumeirah.
VR experiences in Dubai
If you love your VR experiences, then there are several places in Dubai where you can get your fix once you’re on the ground in Dubai.
VR Park Dubai
You must check out VR Park in Dubai Mall – with 18 Virtual reality and Augmented reality experiences, entry to the park is FREE with unlimited rides and pay as you go pass options. A crowd favourite is the Burj Drop which will see you propelling off the Burj Khalifa Mission Impossible-style and the Dune Bash which takes you through the UAE desert on a roller coaster dune bashing ride.
The VOID Dubai
The VOID in Dubai City Walk is another must-do experience for VR lovers. Within Hub Zero at Dubai’s City Walk precinct, the VOID is quick becoming one of THE hottest VR destinations in the Middle East. Travel through your favourite films, become your favourite character and dive into these completely immersive experiences.
Entry is in timed slots in maximum groups of 4. Guests must be over 1.2m and recommended for 10 years + due to the mature nature of attractions. Under 18’s need parent/guardian consent.
This unique concept in Mall of the Emirates is one of four worldwide locations. You and your mates are geared up with state-of-the-art sensors, then your gravatar is rendered in a computer-generated world. There are three unique games to try, in groups of up to 6 mates.
Entry is 75 AED each which gives you a 30-minute session.
Is there more to come for Dubai VR?
Absolutely! We’ve been privileged to attend many events at Arabian Travel Market in Dubai where tech providers have been showcasing the latest in Virtual Reality technology.
Dubai is looking to be at the leading edge when it comes to VR experiences and many more of these experiences will be available at Dubai Expo2020 (now postponed to October 2021).
This will allow visitors to travel to Dubai’s most impressive locations from anywhere in the world, if visiting for yourself is not possible. And once you get to Dubai, be prepared for out-of-this-world experiences.
Are you planning to visit Dubai? Important things you should know before you go:
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Dubai, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the do’s and don’ts, laws and customs to be aware of.
- Pick up a Dubai Pass to save up to 50% on top Dubai attractions
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!!!
- Discover the best areas to stay in Dubai, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: